Fallout: New California - New Version

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wccftech reports that the mod Fallout: New California has received an update.

A new update has been released recently for the Fallout New Vegas prequel mod Fallout New California, introducing a variety of improvements and fixes that enhance the experience considerably.

The new update introduces revamped meshes and textures with new compression, which reduce crashes and improve performance. Other visual improvements include improved houses and more.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

It should really get Mod of the Year. They deserve some type of reward for all that work.

Link to actual update page. - https://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil/news/fallout-new-california-beta-213-update
Guys. We're not getting paid. We were 2 dudes. I know, I hated it too.

Thankfully, we did get some new people involved. They are making a Voiceless town, a ghoul town, another NCR Hub town, and peppering in tiny side attractions here and there in the form of notes for a Courier quest and other little things to do in the desert.

I'm adding a Romanov Warlord duo to build your own power armor, and some side content related to the companions.

And that's it, that's all I'm willing to do. If you want more you just have to make it yourself or convince an existing New Vegas modder to do it. I'm done. I'd be glad for this to be over now so I could move on with my life, but, I'll update it one more time with a month of my life, and that's it, it's finished.

Everything I'm doing after this December ends will just be at a significant financial and personal opportunity loss long term, and it won't contribute to my future success or career. So I'm keeping it minimal, one last round of personal sacrifice for you guys, and then it's your turn to help me out.

Guys. We're not getting paid. We were 2 dudes. I know, I hated it too.

You should have added also:
This was due to the reality that the mod, although it was over 300,000 words, is in fact, not a AAA game, as much as I'd love it if it was. 2 people, Rick and Thain (myself,) wrote, coded, and voiced all of that. There were supposed to be more people, but they all quit on us, so we did the entire mod by ourselves.

Did Bethesda hire them eventually? Of course not - they hire only codebreakers.
So if Bethesda doesn't want them, they'll try to make something new on their own and not with outdated Gamebryo:
We have a new game on the horizon!

It'll be a top down 3D isometric Survival RPG set on the ruins of an alien megastructure. You start out freshly abducted from Earth with no directions and little explanation. You'll have to gather a tribe of fellow survivors and brave the harsh wilderness and face off with medieval empires and alien organisms. A little bit Fallout 1 and 2, a little bit Rimworld, all on Unreal Engine.

Did Bethesda hire them eventually? Of course not - they hire only codebreakers.
So if Bethesda doesn't want them, they'll try to make something new on their own and not with outdated Gamebryo:
They already have a new game in development.:)
What comes after New California?

We have a new game on the horizon!

It'll be a top down 3D isometric Survival RPG set on the ruins of an alien megastructure. You start out freshly abducted from Earth with no directions and little explanation. You'll have to gather a tribe of fellow survivors and brave the harsh wilderness and face off with medieval empires and alien organisms. A little bit Fallout 1 and 2, a little bit Rimworld, all on Unreal Engine.

I could use a couple 2D artists on the new team right now, and you can donate to our Pay-Pal to help me afford the start up expenses. We have a bunch of veterans we've worked with before that want in on this, so I need to begin crowd funding after FNC is all wrapped up so we can afford to focus just on this project.

Very talented modders.

Watched a livestream on ytube of JSawyer playing it as part of their marathon charity fundraiser. Just after the Microsoft anouncement.

From what I saw, the mod has a lot of replay value with multiple branches and stat checks etc. Different companions with a LOT of dialogue. Very impressive for mainly just two guys. Also the NPC count was pushing the old gamebryo to its limits in places.
Too bad Sawyer was just killing everyone. Got a bit stuck as well in a couple places, not knowing where to go next. LOL...

Wish them the best with their next project.

Back
Top Bottom