Fix This Game - Reevaluate Mass Effect 4

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Fix This Game is back with another article this month where they share their opinion that BioWare should Reevaluate Mass Effect 4 before they release the game.
Bioware has revealed that the main character in Mass Effect 4 will not be Commander Shepard, but rather, someone else who will have a different adventure and, while they did announce that there would be some “nods” to the previous games, the storyline would not focus directly on the previous trilogy.

If all this is true, then: Why the hell are they calling it Mass Effect 4? Why not focus instead on something else, a new direction for the company, a new story, a new everything, while leaving Mass Effect intact?

If history has taught us anything is that there is no such thing as a flawless sequel, more to the point, there is no such thing as a perfect 4th installment, (we could argue that there are some exceptions to this claim, since Resident Evil 4 was one of the best games in the series, and yet, look at what it did to the franchise by setting the stage Resident Evil 4 and 5, which have so much deviated from the formula that if someone likes one of those and plays the first Resident Evil, surprises are to be had as to the difference in the whole experience).

While Mass Effect 4 could be an interesting experience, it is a needless one, with the franchise going all Terminator on itself, by planning on giving us an installment that is not truly necessary, and that may cause the franchise to suffer.
Apparently the writer doesn't know That BioWare is not calling it Mass Effect 4. They have said it many times already the name is not official yet.

More information.

Last edited:
BioWare has made no announcement as to its official title, so asking "why the hell are they calling it Mass Effect 4?" already makes me question the author's credibility. Do some research before you write, son.

What needs fixin' is DA3 bears, not ME4.

They are making a DLC that will fix this. Also comes with horse armor.
I must buy this DLC now, and hopefully it uses BioWare points again.:biggrin:
It's a ridiculous concern. They must be having a slow news day.
I have a few myself every week so I understand when it happens.

I seem to recall Bioware actually specifically stating that it was *not* Mass Effect 4, and that ME4 is not even a working title. It's a title the fans use.

Bioware has done much more than that. Bioware's problem: they've gone a path ME players cant hear of, Bioware's attempt to communicate pointless.

The key is:
Bioware has revealed that the main character in Mass Effect 4 will not be Commander Shepard, but rather, someone else who will have a different adventure and, while they did announce that there would be some “nods” to the previous games, the storyline would not focus directly on the previous trilogy.

Been years now since Bioware informed people that Sheppard's arc was completed and they did not intend to make a sequel or a prequel, and a game set in the mass effect universe.
Players do not want to hear, they want either a sequel or a prequel. That gives what it gives.

Mass Effect is the sci fi franchise of these times. Bioware wont drop the name.

Players do not want to hear, they want either a sequel or a prequel.
Players wanted DA:O2, EA said no, we'll give you what we want not what you want, and we got DA2.
It was (partially) fixed now with DA3.

However players also wanted Mako (except the loud minority) and got retarded DLC Hammerhead instead in ME2 and nothing in ME3.
I don't know what was EA's problem, but Mako is returning in ME4.

Let's just hope EA will at least understand that players don't want to see red-gree-blue ending ever again in any game.

Poor Bioware....in an era where Spiderweb games get far more respect, it must be painful. Not to mention extremely sad. Oh well, at least Bio can remember some of the 90's.

Back
Top Bottom