When playing a highly addictive game in your free time...

What is most annoying when playing an addictive game?

• 1. Having to visit the bathroom

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 2. Having to sleep

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • 3. Social engagements

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • 4. Obligatory chores

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • 5. Having to prepare a meal and eat it

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 6. People barging in to the room

• 7. Cats/dogs demanding attention

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 8. A/my phone ringing/vibrating repeatedly

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 9. Power/connection prob or crash

• 10. Physical pain

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
E

Eye

When playing a highly addictive game in your free time, what is(are) the most annoying interruption(s)?
Multiple answers possible, though it would be nice to see one or two on top at the end.

I can think of quite a few actually.:)

Bathroom Breaks
Sleep
Work
Text & Cellphone Calls
Family Members
Food Breaks
Sore Back or Hands
Power Outages
Lost Internet Connection
Hardware or Software Failure

Probably have more but that's all I can think of.^^

You were too early. I had not finished my poll yet. :)
It is really weird the thread gets published even when I have not yet submitted the choices.

Edit.
O pain, power outages and lost connection are nice. Let me see if I can add ‘game stops functioning’ to the poll. Then I have 10, so no room for ‘pain’, if I don’t delete ‘other’.

You were too early. I had not finished my poll yet.
It is really weird the thread gets published even when I have not yet submitted the choices.
Yeah I had the same problem when I made polls in the past.:(

It's due to how the poll is set up as the thread gets posted first while you add the options. Sometimes the poll wouldn't even post and you had to manually redo it.

So I checked every option in the poll.

Picked "people barging". However, not all people. For some I always have time, the game won't escape anywhere. But some others though...

Well, let's see...I like eating, I like sleeping, I like going to the bathroom (relief!), I already have my cell phone on "do not disturb" mode all the time, because I do hate getting interrupted /called by it, so that is already covered.

And I love cats, and I like people barging into my room, at least, the current people I am living with (of the young female persuasion :biggrin:) so, to be honest, the one I would have picked is "work". I wish I didn't have to work when obsessively playing a game, so I would have days on end (or weeks on end) to play it, without having to worry about going to work.

Since that is missing, I chose "power/ connection problem or crash" since that is highly annoying as well when playing a game obsessively.

My play time is usually strategised out to be free from interruption so my main annpyance is something from the pc itself. Yesterday I got kicked out because of the Win 10 update...:furious:

I wish I didn't have to work when obsessively playing a game, so I would have days on end (or weeks on end) to play it, without having to worry about going to work.

Since that is missing,
Yes, I deliberately did not include ‘work’, for everyone would have chosen that one, meaning that answer is less interesting. So I thought it would be best to specifically ask about an interruption in your free time, which could mean a vacation as well. :)
I liked reading why some of the options I mentioned were not bothering you at all.

I think I read somewhere how someone died from forgetting to go to the loo while playing for hours. Or was it from forgetting to drink. Anyway, all of the above really.

Chores and crashes.

Playing games is a good painkiller. ;)

My pets are the biggest distraction. I can ignore the dog, but the cats are very good at laying down on the mouse or keyboard if they aren't getting through to me :p

That one person that is never around when you look for them, but then as soon as you need some quiet relaxing gaming time, it's that one person that hovers. Really. Close. Makes a bunch of noise. And acts like they want something.

OMG WHAT DO YOU WANT?!

I included it under 'social engagements' even though it's not really that, but having to go to work is my #1.

Mainly social engagements, especially when my phone ringing/vibrating repeatedly it annoys the hell out of me.

I forgot to add pets to my list. As there is nothing more annoying then a cat who wants to lay on your keyboard. This happens on a daily basis as well in my house.

Not sure how to answer that ^^
I think either of them is either your own fault or too trivial or too specific:

1. Having to visit the bathroom - too trivial, never thought about being annoyed
2. Having to sleep - yeah, maybe
3. Social engagements - hardly have any, and by those I have I don't feel annoyed
4. Obligatory chores - hardly have any
5. Having to prepare a meal and eat it - I hardly spend time on it
6. People barging in to the room - uh...nope, never happens. This would need to be burglars
7. Cats/dogs demanding attention - no pets solves the problem
8. A/my phone ringing/vibrating repeatedly - don't have a mobile phone, and my real phone is always on answering machine
9. Power/connection prob or crash - yep...but then it's the games fault
10. Physical pain - would suck if I had this and it would annoy me. But I luckily don't have it

So....I guess it's obligatory chores and sleep for me.

Back
Top Bottom