C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
I think there is one difference in the structure: in TW3, the regions were opening one after the other: White Orchad, Velen, Novigrad and Skellige Isles, each with increasingly difficult encounters. In CP2077, I understand the whole world is directly accessible, and players are surprised to find enemies of completely different levels. That's awkward if there's no hint on how difficult enemies are (maybe there is, I honestly don't know).

While the story in TW3 generally guides you in that direction, you can go anywhere you want at any time. You can even go straight to Skellige if you want, and I've seen people say that it changes dialogue later in the game.

The "open-world" feature was new in The Witcher 3, so maybe there was more praise because fans were longing for that, while in Cyberpunk 2077 they were expecting another step that they didn't find when playing the game? - I know we may not all agree on the fact TW3 is an open world, but let's say it was quite more open than before :)
To me Witcher III was a semi-open world RPG with hubs. Though you have to give CDPR credit for tieing them together and giving the illusion of a whole open world continent.
That depends on your definition of “Open World” really. If you consider Skyrim an Open World than technically The Witcher 3 is more open world than it since you don’t need to load to enter towns, buildings, caves, etc.

However it is not open world in the sense that you can traverse the entire world without loading. The Witcher 3 consists of 4 large zones (5 if you have Blood and Wine expansion) which are White Orchard, Velen/Novigrad (one area that requires no zoning), Skellige, and Kaer Morhen. With the Blood and Wine expansion you also have access to Toussaint. I’m also leaving out some smaller areas that are zoned into that don’t play overly large parts to the game

Back on topic since there is loading of zones Witcher 3 can’t be considered a truly open world game, however the world itself is still extremely large, larger than the world of Skyrim even even with single zones, and it has less zones than Skyrim by a substantial amount.

So by definition no it isn’t since loading has to take place. However compared to games like Skyrim or Fallout it is even more open world than them.
Anyway where talking about Cyberpunk 2077 and unfortunately it takes place in only one city and some of the surrounding badlands. So the hubs wouldn't work as good.

Last edited:
I think there is one difference in the structure: in TW3, the regions were opening one after the other: White Orchad, Velen, Novigrad and Skellige Isles, each with increasingly difficult encounters. In CP2077, I understand the whole world is directly accessible, and players are surprised to find enemies of completely different levels. That's awkward if there's no hint on how difficult enemies are (maybe there is, I honestly don't know).

Couple of things. One, it wasn't that simple in The Witcher 3. There are quests and contracts you get early on, in Velen, that are for a very high level Geralt. The quests and contracts in Skellige similarly span a range (though I do think the minimum is higher than it is in Velen)

Second, there are many such indications in Cyberpunk as well. No reason to be surprised. Every quest, gig and even crime is assigned a threat level relative to your level (very low, low, moderate, high, very high). You know what you're getting into. It's also quickly apparent that Watson is an early area, and Pacifica, for example, is not, because the missions in those respective areas are of lower or higher overall average difficulty levels.

Newest addition to the gang trashing 2077?

Why, it is that venerable grey lady, the New York Times.

I don’t give a hoot about CDPR, but even to me this seems a bit overblown. Has there never been a buggy game release before?

Holy shit the GOG patch is almost 9GB. O_O

Anyway the PC patch 1.05 is now available for download.

Every single patch on Xbox has been the same: 15.9gb
Glad I don't play the game on consoles then.:p

Seriously I wasted over 150 GB on this game already. Games are getting way to bloated especially with the monthly internet cap being reinstated on Comcast customers.

I refuse to pay them another $100 on top of the $80 already for unlimited usage.

Last edited:
Heh, I didn't know it was possible to get everywhere at once in TW3, I thought that for example you had to get on that boat to get to Skellige Isles, and for that other goals had to be achieved. Well, at least it was guided, but if the threat level is visible in CP, it's all right too I suppose. I'm not sure who they'd gate a city anyway, and enemies that adapt their level to yours just suck, in general.

To me, loading different parts doesn't mean it's not open world (it's just an "annoying open world", after a while ;)), but I know we all have our own definition of it, as we do for "RPG". So there is some progress in CB, no loading hubs. Ah well, maybe that wasn't enough for today's players, or maybe the marketing just shoot too high this time :) I won't lose any sleep over it.

Happy patching!

Heh, I didn't know it was possible to get everywhere at once in TW3, I thought that for example you had to get on that boat to get to Skellige Isles, and for that other goals had to be achieved.

I assume you still have to complete the quest that gets you the boat first. It's not something I plan on trying myself though. I like the way the story flows within the typical route.

To me, loading different parts doesn't mean it's not open world

I think the vast majority would agree with that. If not having any area transitions was a criteria for being open-world that would eliminate 90% of the games that we generally consider open-world. i.e. None of Bethesda's or Piranha Bytes games (except for Elex) would then be open-world.

No negative results from the patch for me so far. I see they made some additional keys rebindable which is nice.
And we no longer look bald in mirrors! Unless your character is bald, of course :p

And we no longer look bald in mirrors! Unless your character is bald, of course :p
Yep and no more lower garment malfunction either.

The zipper works now as intended.:biggrin:

More bad news it seems CDPR might be sued for misleading information.
A law firm has indicated that it is considering a class-action lawsuit against CD Projekt, the publisher of Cyberpunk 2077.

As reported by the New York Times (thanks, VGC), Mikołaj Orzechowski - a Warsaw-based lawyer and CDPR investor - has indicated that they are exploring the possibility of suing, alleging that the studio may have misrepresented itself to investors in order to secure funding.

According to a briefing prepared by the lawyer, they are inviting others affected by the "suspension of the sale of the Cyberpunk 2077 product".

New York-based Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP has also announced it is looking to represent shareholders who've incurred losses "resulting from allegations that CD Projekt may have issued materially misleading information to their shareholders and investing public".

As we've reported over the weeks since Cyberpunk 2077 launched, CD Projekt's shares slumped after reviews of the game suggested Cyberpunk may not end up with a sky-high metascore. While the PC version of Cyberpunk has a 87 metascore on Metacritic, the PS4 and Xbox One versions stands at 55. User scores are 7.2, 3.2, and 4.4 respectively.
Link - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...rpunk-2077s-materially-misleading-information

Hmm... That could potentially be serious. If it had just been some random dial-a-lawyer having a go with a bunch of disgruntled customers, I wouldn't think too much of it. But an investor lawyer with potentially a considerable stake in it might be a different matter.

I mentioned this two pages ago their stock value has taken a serious beating all this month. So if your an investor or stockholder your probably not that happy right now.
Just an update and it doesn't look to good on the stock side as CD Projekt shares keep falling like rotten apples. The Estimates forecast it cost the company 1.6 US billion.

Lost 41.01% since December 3rd and 18.7% ( and counting) after Sony removed CP2077 from it's digital store. I wonder if a buyout from another publisher is incoming?

Yes, it hasn't been looking good. Though sometimes stock values can bounce a bit, and investors don't always shit the bed. The interesting thing here is if a significant number of the investors feel they were misled, and this value loss is no blip. That could be a lot more serious than some customers forming a class-action.

Cyberpunk 2077 Notable Cut Features - PC Gamer
Despite Cyberpunk 2077's buggy launch, comparing the released game to the 2018 demo shows that CD Projekt Red made many improvements in two years, especially in its lighting. Night City is more colorful and vibrant than it was in 2018, and many of the NPC character models in the demo look much better today.

There are plenty of things in that 2018 demo that changed for the final game, but most feel like natural changes to missions when they're placed in the context of a complete game rather than just a standalone demo.

There's a boss fight in the demo in which Jackie flips up a car to block a hail of bullets, for example. That scripted sequence isn't in the final game, but NPCs elsewhere in Cyberpunk 2077 perform the same action. V uses combat actions throughout the demo that aren't available early in Cyberpunk, but are still unlockable later in the game.

Other changes are more striking, though, and show where CD Projekt Red had to redesign features that just weren't working or were too ambitious to ship.

Here are some of the major ways Cyberpunk 2077 changed over time.

watching that 2018 demo, i think the meredith romance was also cut from the game, which is very dissapointing, the current ones as meh

Back
Top Bottom