Mount & Blade II - Early Access & Campaign Gameplay

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord will have an early access period according to OnlySP and will feature a dynasty system. Unfortunately the castle building mechanic has been dropped. Additionally Rock Paper Shotgun played through some of the campaign.

The highly anticipated Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord will have an Early Access period, though developer TaleWorlds remains cagey on any form of release date for the game.

As part of recent community update, the development team confirmed that an Early Access period is currently being planned, as it “would be beneficial for getting community feedback and balancing game elements.”

[...]

Mount And Blade 2: Bannerlord is showing its sandbox story campaign for the first time, and in our Bannerlord campaign gameplay we explore the world map, get taken prisoner, visit a town, kill a chicken and tear up the countryside with ten new recruits. It’s a busy 20 minutes.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Not new information if you followed the game on Steam. They even posted a Q&A with fans a few days ago. Here is the link I shared on the forums a few days back.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Community Questions
With Gamescom behind us and everyone back in work after taking some much needed time off to recover, we have had the chance to sit down and work our way through the major talking points to come out of this year’s expo. For some of the topics, we plan to expand upon them and explain them in greater detail at a later date in their own dedicated blogs, but for now, we want to clarify some of the things that were said in the interviews that took place during the event.
As for castle building I'm sure modders will re-implement it at a later date. As they did it for Mount and Blade Warband, and the various campaign mods.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the castle building mechanic has been dropped.

Bleh, one of my most anticipated things about this game was the castle building. Hopefully it comes with the DLC when that is released in 23 years ;)

Confused so does it have a campaign or is it just open world like battle brothers ?
Already answered you on another thread no it does not have a campaign. To be specific they added a mini-campaign introduction. After that your on your own the whole game.

I know but then 'Campaign Play' is misleading. Should be non-Campaign play if it has no campaign. Very misleading.

Already answered you on another thread no it does not have a campaign. To be specific they added a mini-campaign introduction. After that your on your own the whole game.

At least they're smart enough not trying to tack co-op onto an already rather ambitious game...
I can deal with not having castle building, I can imagine a feature like that costing considerable resources to do right. Would be cool if we were able to manage (and expand) our villages though to a certain extent.

At least they're smart enough not trying to tack co-op onto an already rather ambitious game… .
I agree and a great sigh of relief was heard from the whole fanbase.
I can deal with not having castle building, I can imagine a feature like that costing considerable resources to do right. Would be cool if we were able to manage (and expand) our villages though to a certain extent
Agree again probably to much work and would extend development another year.
I know but then 'Campaign Play' is misleading. Should be non-Campaign play if it has no campaign. Very misleading.
True but you could call it a sand-box campaign like other games.

Anyway here was the developers response.
There is something which leads the player into the main part of the game (the sandbox), but it isn't something which carries you through to an ending screen. A lot of the design for the game is based around letting players approach the game how they want to and create their own adventure.

I would have liked to see castle building, but the removal of that feature does not make the wait easier.

Kind of bummed about it myself. Building isn't my big thing in games usually, but building a castle appeals to me for whatever reason.

Kind of bummed about it myself. Building isn't my big thing in games usually, but building a castle appeals to me for whatever reason.

Yeah, that was my thought as well. Building a castle appeals more than decorating a damn house.

Wow, that looter took multiple arrows to the face before going down!

Yeah, we do a term for sorta-sandbox games that give you something of a campaign to start you out then drop you into a sandbox. What's at the edge of a beach? Ah! The berm!

This not a sandbox game, it's a berm game. You read it here first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom