KoA: Reckoning - Preview @ GameBanshee

Just in general. A well respected site known for giving honest reviews taken into a discussion about being bought out so quickly and easily. That's not the sad part. The sad part is that people would probably understand and believe that more than that was his honest opinion on the game. You just can't get too emotional when talking about a game you like. You can't go into detail about the great aspects of it without at least one person thinking, A) Your bought and paid for or B) You're a fanboy.

That's the sad part I think because I read that review and liked it. It conveyed exactly how I felt about the game as well. If I had wrote that I would be labeled a fanboy because there are no sponsers here other than GoG and GoG has no vested interest in that game.

Even the word "fanboy" is sorta twisted. You can't be a fan of a game without being labeled that. It's so odd how we praise or can relate to bad things so much more easily than we can to the good. Not just in games, but in everything.

Take the news for example. Do reporters chomp at the bit to get a piece on how what a mayor is doing right or what the cops are doing right as well as what they are doing wrong? Not from what I read. Nope, your headlines are always scandals, murder, betrayal, terrorism, etc. You name an evil and it will be front page news. People just aren't interested in the good of life.

I know my analogy there was sorta a strawman and doesn't really relate other than jumping to conclusions that it's a bought review. It's just I thought that sites like GameBanshee, RPGWatch and RPGCodex were beyond that kind of ridicule.

Here at the watch you can label us fanboys because we are, or at least I am. I'm a fan of this genre and many others. So much so I wanted to work here and help out in my freetime. Gamebanshee might be paid for, but, like BrotherNone has said, they've trashed the mainstream games when everyone and their brother were praising them, but one stupid review and all that is thrown out the window.

I just think it's sad the way human beings act. Not just you, but pretty much everyone. We want our dirt, scandals and murders before we want praise, hope and love. Odd……and sad.

Just in general. A well respected site known for giving honest reviews taken into a discussion about being bought out so quickly and easily. That's not the sad part. The sad part is that people would probably understand and believe that more than that was his honest opinion on the game. You just can't get too emotional when talking about a game you like. You can't go into detail about the great aspects of it without at least one person thinking, A) Your bought and paid for or B) You're a fanboy.

That's the sad part I think because I read that review and liked it. It conveyed exactly how I felt about the game as well. If I had wrote that I would be labeled a fanboy because there are no sponsers here other than GoG and GoG has no vested interest in that game.

Even the word "fanboy" is sorta twisted. You can't be a fan of a game without being labeled that. It's so odd how we praise or can relate to bad things so much more easily than we can to the good. Not just in games, but in everything.

Take the news for example. Do reporters chomp at the bit to get a piece on how what a mayor is doing right or what the cops are doing right as well as what they are doing wrong? Not from what I read. Nope, your headlines are always scandals, murder, betrayal, terrorism, etc. You name an evil and it will be front page news. People just aren't interested in the good of life.

I know my analogy there was sorta a strawman and doesn't really relate other than jumping to conclusions that it's a bought review. It's just I thought that sites like GameBanshee, RPGWatch and RPGCodex were beyond that kind of ridicule.

Here at the watch you can label us fanboys because we are, or at least I am. I'm a fan of this genre and many others. So much so I wanted to work here and help out in my freetime. Gamebanshee might be paid for, but, like BrotherNone has said, they've trashed the mainstream games when everyone and their brother were praising them, but one stupid review and all that is thrown out the window.

I just think it's sad the way human beings act. Not just you, but pretty much everyone. We want our dirt, scandals and murders before we want praise, hope and love. Odd……and sad.

I'm very surprised by your post. I though brother none and I had a very civil exchange and I even complimented him for it.

I think you may have my posts confused with some of the others. If you go back and read mine in my very first reply I stated that I didn't believe gamebanshee was bought.

My main problem with the review is I thought it was a bunch of hype with the games he was comparing koa to. Brother none corrected me on 1 comparison and I conceded that point. My other problem was how opinionated the review was. I felt it should have been based more on facts. I feel there's no need to bash one game to praise another. I won't rehash it all as It's all explained in my previous posts.

Not sure where the fanboy stuff comes from in regards to me either. I've never called anyone a fanboy. I didn't even know the term really as the watch is the first forum I've ever posted in. I quickly learned though as I was labeled a fanboy shortly after open my account and starting to post. Apparently I like a game more than someone else wanted me to.

I really don't care about the label. My opinions are my opinions and if someone thinks it makes me a fanboy then so be it. I do not however you the term to label others as it seem childish.

As for me i'm a fanboy of the detroit lions,tigers, red wings and pistons. I will follow them no matter what. As for game companies i'm a fare weather fan at best. I'm very much what have you done for me lately? If they make games I like I buy them if not I don't I never buy a game just because company x makes it.

I think you are right in that most people would like to see scandal rather than feel good stories. I think if you look back at my posts alone though you will see that you were wrong in thinking I was looking for a scandal in the instance.

As far as throwing everything out the window. I even said as was going to check out gamebanshee more as I don't know to much about them.

I don't think Skavenhorde was directing that specifically at you - just at the fact that we had a discussion where the automatic conclusion was a respected site had sold their opinion (correct me if I'm wrong, Skavenhorde).

In that sense, I'm with him. It's ridiculous and rather sad the way gamers throw accusations around rampantly. Every site is bought, every developer is "lazy". Sad.

I agree. I also think if it was praising the game a person thought was better it wouldn't get the same attention. We are all fanboys one way or another...or why would they bother making games? We all want to have fun at the end of the day.

Not sure where the fanboy stuff comes from in regards to me either. I've never called anyone a fanboy. I didn't even know the term really as the watch is the first forum I've ever posted in. I quickly learned though as I was labeled a fanboy shortly after open my account and starting to post. Apparently I like a game more than someone else wanted me to.

Trust me, it goes both ways. People will complain about being labeled as fanboys, but it's just as common to be labeled a "hater" if you dare to criticize something. :)

As for me i'm a fanboy of the detroit lions,tigers, red wings and pistons. I will follow them no matter what.

:thumbsup:

I don't think Skavenhorde was directing that specifically at you - just at the fact that we had a discussion where the automatic conclusion was a respected site had sold their opinion (correct me if I'm wrong, Skavenhorde).

You are correct. Not sure why he thought it was. I was comparing myself and the reviewer to being a fanboy and why that isn't such a bad thing. Try rereading it again. It was a more melancholy post so that means its going to be long.

Truthfully, I no longer care. That's just how the world works. You'll find at least one person who say the most outlandish things (myself included) just for the simple reason he didn't agree.

And saying or hinting that GameBanshee was bought by that review was outlandish. Sorry, it's just nuts. Bozo bonkers nuts, if you have ever read anything they have written.

So yea, I got a little sad about how someone could turn on a website so damn fast it makes your headspin after all the great articles they have done in the past, but nope that one review and all of a sudden it's conspiracy theory time.

BTW, I have no clue why that dude thought I meant him when I specifically said I was the fanboy…..whatever. Then he has the balls to say thanks for having a civil discussion. Thanks….for being civil while I trash you with conspiracy theories I pulled out of thin air.

You see I made the one fatal mistake while being on the internet (it's so easy to do when you are at RPGWatch.) I took his post seriously instead of ignoring it and tossing it into the "Crazy Internet Stuff" box. Gotta remember to do that in the future with his posts.

Gotta get out of RPGWatch for a while. I'm starting to take the internet seriously again and forget that people don't always act like this normally. I hate it when I take people seriously on the net. It's always like going through the looking glass.

It's sad really...I wish we could get beyond saying people are paid off when they give a positive review to something they don't like. To me there is a lot to like(as well as few things I don't like, for example how close in you are zoomed) so far so I am optimistic. Just from what we have seen in the demo it is safe to say it has a story, lots of items, lore and it looks pretty. In the end, to me at least, it is fun to play.

You are correct. Not sure why he thought it was. I was comparing myself and the reviewer to being a fanboy and why that isn't such a bad thing. Try rereading it again. It was a more melancholy post so that means its going to be long.

I thought you were talking about me because I asked you a question and your post was right after. I didn't think you were calling me a fanboy. I thought you felt I called you a fanboy and I was saying gamebanshee was bought. Both are false. But it doesn't matter because you said you weren't referring to me. ok, my mistake but then you write this contradiction:

BTW, I have no clue why that dude thought I meant him when I specifically said I was the fanboy…..whatever. Then he has the balls to say thanks for having a civil discussion. Thanks….for being civil while I trash you with conspiracy theories I pulled out of thin air.

I can only assume i'm that dude. This reply makes zero sense, you obviously are not reading my posts. I know you said you were the fanboy. I just gave you my thoughts on the use of the term and an instance where someone else had called me a fanboy.

I complimented brother none for having a civil discussion with me. Not you. I also have already said but will again. If you read my first reply to you I clearly state I don't believe gamebanshee was bought. Others have said that your issue is with them. Not me.

You see I made the one fatal mistake while being on the internet (it's so easy to do when you are at RPGWatch.) I took his post seriously instead of ignoring it and tossing it into the "Crazy Internet Stuff" box. Gotta remember to do that in the future with his posts.

Again who is this directed towards. I can only assume me again. If not maybe you should start quoting people. If it is towards me please point out the "crazy internet stuff " your referring to.

I try to treat everyone with dignity and respect. I don't always achieve that goal as i'm only human. I believe in this instance after reading the thread over 3 times though, I have done just that.

Back
Top Bottom