Turn Based Lovers - On The Radar - April 2021

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Like every month The Turn Based Lovers checked out the upcoming tactical / turn-based games:

On the Radar - April 2021

Let's see all the Turn-based RPGs & Strategy Games releasing during the month of April

"Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?"
- Bob Dylan

This is a strange month, not the best one, that's for sure, but also not the luckiest.
Why are you wondering? It pretty much rolls off the tongue.
Just a few minutes ago I was writing an editorial, taking inspiration from the biggest release of the month (at least for me) namely Humankind, a Civilization-esque strategy game developed by the talented Amplitude Studios.
I could have talked about the natural propensity for violence of the humankind and the role of all of this in the world of videogames. Hot stuff, believe me 😉 But... there will be none of that, because, exactly while I was doing some research, the unexpected happened: I read the worst of news, Humankind had been delayed to 17th August!!!

Ok, the good news is that I have already (almost) written the editorial for that month, so you already know what to expect or what to fear...
What remains of this month is a bundle of indie turn-based videogames (some of them with a very good potential) and some big releases, essentially reserved to all JRPGs fans scattered all over the world.

• DIVIDED REIGNS - 2nd April
  • COLONY SHIP: A POST.EARTH RPG (E.A.) - 6th April
  • MAGICIANS' LEGACY: PROLOGUE - 6th April
  • TRIALS OF FIRE - 6th April
  • ACROSS THE OBELISK (E.A.) - 8th April
  • SECRET GOVERNMENT - 8th April
  • THE LEGEND OF HEROES: TRAILS OF THE COLD STEEL IV - 9th April
  • SAGA FRONTIER REMASTERED - 15th April
  • TACTICAL TROOPS: ANTHRACITE SHIFT - 15th April
  • WE ARE THE CARETAKERS - 22nd April
  • TOTAL WAR: ROME REMASTERED - 29th April
[...]
More information.

More like, Turn Based Losers seeing that list.

Half Early Access, Remastered or Prologues, half random indie games that don't look like anything, some of them aren't even what you would call turn based games, more like strategy games that play in turns.

Only Trials of Cold Steel IV is something I could see myself trying, and it's a JRPG. I guess in the battles characters act in turns?

As a turn-based lover I'll say it's not a good time to be a turn-based lover.

Half Early Access, Remastered or Prologues (...)

But then, that's the gaming world we're currently living in, and that sadly also affects gaming sites/gaming news :(

I've already bought Divided Reigns and will certainly get The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV as well.
Some of the others look interesting at least, but I'll check out some more previews and reviews.

Well for me it's the following games...

1. Total War: ROME REMASTERED
  2. Trails of Cold Steel IV
I agree about the huge pile of Early Access and incomplete games nowadays.:(

There are a few of interest on that list to me, and yeah I'm no fan of early access myself, but I do note the games and remember them for a few months or years down the road. Trails of Cold Steel are indeed turn based games, and well worth playing, as is also the first series from the same folks.

And for those that do not care for the early access quagmire, might I suggest checking out some rpg-maker type games. They tend to be quite involved, not often mired in early access shenanigans, usually do not take up loads of valuable hard drive space, and not painful to the wallet, for the most part. Nine times out of ten you'll get some serious value out of each and every one of these games, as they tend to be quite involved, taking a decent amount of time to complete, while offering exceptional combat, story, and exploration opportunities.

More like, Turn Based Losers seeing that list.

Half Early Access, Remastered or Prologues, half random indie games that don't look like anything, some of them aren't even what you would call turn based games, more like strategy games that play in turns.

Only Trials of Cold Steel IV is something I could see myself trying, and it's a JRPG. I guess in the battles characters act in turns?

As a turn-based lover I'll say it's not a good time to be a turn-based lover.

nope, that why i am playing mutant zero again, and wasteland and etc

Not a great list, but Colony Ship is starting to look more promising than I thought it was at first. I'm also mildly interested in Saga Frontier Remastered.

Back
Top Bottom