Alien RPG - Not Game Over Man?

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Sega, say at Joystiq, that they will have news on the revival? of the Aliens RPG.
The big, green gooey eggs containing Sega's long in development Aliens: Colonial Marines and Aliens RPG are going to hatch -- just not soon. When we asked why the games were absent from this year's E3, Sega replied, "Aliens vs. Predator will be the first to ship out of our triplet of Aliens titles; hence it was shown at this year's E3. We'll have more news to share about the other two games in the near future so stay tuned." Rumors of both titles being jettisoned out an airlock have been swirling since earlier this year.
More information.

Nothing new really but it's nice to hear. The reasoning for putting Aliens RPG on hold, in Anthony Davis' words;
I personally think that the biggest reason Aliens was put on hold was because Sega posted a 260+ million dollar loss. Sega wisely chose to focus on projects that were further along and were closer to completion - therefore less risky. Well, that's my take on the situation.

I doubt Sega will be starting it up soon, but maybe they will if they get some money together again. It'd be cool if they managed that.

I really hope this comes back. I love Aliens and I alone would personally buy three or four copies of the game and order all my friends to do so as well.

I'd like to see this one too. The Aliens universe is just ripe for RPG material. Look at what Games Workshop did with Tryanids (I would believe heavily influenced by Aliens) and that isn't even an RPG. If GW can take the basic influence of Aliens to create such a detailed and evil race then I'd like to see what someone tryint to make an RPG could do.

It would be (hopefully) totally awesome if they actually made this RPG one day.

Here's to hoping!

Back
Top Bottom