Spell tips for Two Worlds Two?

It's funny people mention the UI, I actually find it the weakest part of the game…those massive item piuctures is just horrible oblivion did this better.

I agree with you. I'm not a big fan of the TW2 UI. Like you, the icons could have been a lot smaller on the PC. There's also a number of details that I could not find any explanation for except on the internet - the game manual is sorely lacking explaing stuff about the UI.

I also keep dismantling (converting to raw materials) stuff that I have equipped. For example, I'll be in my melee outfit and dismantle a bow, quiver, or staff because I don't see those items bracketed unless I'm in my archer or mage outfit, respectively.

Early on I found a pretty decent one handed weapon that I realized I had dismantled when I was in my mage outfit. It was such a good weapon I felt it best to reload from a prior save game from before I had accidentally dismantled it, losing about 20 minutes of gameplay.

Considering how often you dismantle things, the UI should have taken this into account. A little checkbox or something in the inventory screen to filter away anything you have currently equipped would be hugely beneficial.

I agree with you. I'm not a big fan of the TW2 UI. Like you, the icons could have been a lot smaller on the PC. There's also a number of details that I could not find any explanation for except on the internet - the game manual is sorely lacking explaing stuff about the UI.

I also keep dismantling (converting to raw materials) stuff that I have equipped. For example, I'll be in my melee outfit and dismantle a bow, quiver, or staff because I don't see those items bracketed unless I'm in my archer or mage outfit, respectively.

Early on I found a pretty decent one handed weapon that I realized I had dismantled when I was in my mage outfit. It was such a good weapon I felt it best to reload from a prior save game from before I had accidentally dismantled it, losing about 20 minutes of gameplay.

Considering how often you dismantle things, the UI should have taken this into account. A little checkbox or something in the inventory screen to filter away anything you have currently equipped would be hugely beneficial.

I don't get why they went that route...lets not even get started that you can't access your quest log in that screen or the map for that matter....I wonder if someone could mod something actually usefull?

I don't get why they went that route…lets not even get started that you can't access your quest log in that screen or the map for that matter….I wonder if someone could mod something actually usefull?

My impression is that, given the long development time for TW2, it appears that a lot of the UI mechanics, as awkward as they sometimes can be, were something the devs got really used to during development. That, combined with perhaps some real clear thinking on what they wanted to achieve with the UI are probably the two biggest reasons that I can surmise that they have such an awkward UI.

I remember when I first started playing Gothic 1. The Gothic 1 UI and I were in combat with each other. Even many hours into that game I'd research something unrelated on the net only to discover some little aspect about the UI I didn't know.

But later into the game, I couldn't really even remember why the UI seemed confusing. I'd gotten so used to the way it worked that it didn't seem complicated at all.

I think this scenerio I have described at least accounts for part of the end result of TW2's UI.

It's mind numblingly bad, and you are most likely right that they got used to it. As a programmer myself(not lately) I used to get used to what I made and left it that way. But god, how that got through Q&A....

It's mind numblingly bad, and you are most likely right that they got used to it. As a programmer myself(not lately) I used to get used to what I made and left it that way. But god, how that got through Q&A….

LOL. TW2 was in development for so long that the Q&A team probably got used to the UI as well. I mean when you have UI issues omitted from the game manual, it speaks volumes how much they needed fresh eyes to be looking at that UI.

At least we can reconfigure all the keys. I need to press I for inventory or it hurts my brain :)

At least we can reconfigure all the keys. I need to press I for inventory or it hurts my brain :)

hahah you and me both....we are old school hard core!

Me as well. Plus, I *need* m for maps - or even better, k for Karte if the game is in German language. The word for "Inventory" is almost the same in the German language : "Inventar".

A good combat spell is 1st tier-Missile carrier card 2nd Tier Force with AOE carrier and damage and time modifiers. This will create a whirling vortex of fire. This is great for killing groups of animals in one cast and also good at keeping the pesky monsters away from your fragile mage.

Back
Top Bottom