Dragon Age - Preview @ Wired

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Wired serves up their impressions from Dragon Age, apparently based on a studio visit:
Dragon Age is a story-driven game, which means lots of introductions to other characters, history lessons that kick-start quests and sifting through dialogue trees to chat with the populace. If you're the type of gamer who abhors anything coming between you and bludgeoning something to death, Dragon Age will be a difficult title to get through.
And don't think you can just skip through the dialogue, because it's crucial to understanding the decisions that you're asked to make during the adventure.
"There are times when you just sort of push back from the keyboard and go, 'What am I going to do here?'" says the game's executive producer, Dan Tudge. Dragon Age, he says, is a game for mature audiences — not because of blood and gore, but because of "the weight and reality of the choices you'd expect to experience in heavy situations."
...meanwhile, MTV has a brief interview on the PC delay, although the "spokesman" is careful not to say anything:
MTV Multiplayer: What will BioWare do with the extra development time for the PC version?
BioWare: We plan to use the additional time to add that extra polish to the game, which is shaping up quite well already.
MTV Multiplayer: Is BioWare planning anything special for PC gamers who had expected they’d be playing “Dragon Age” in the near future?
BioWare: Our fans have been extremely patient and supportive of us, so we’re working extra hard to make sure we honor our commitment to them as we ensure “Dragon Age: Origins” is a top quality game that exceeds our fans’ expectations.
More information.

They are pushing the C&C really hard with this game. I don't recall JE or ME being marketed in quite this way. The hard decisions with real and far reaching (sounds like Witcher style delayed consequences) seems to be a major selling point.

Maybe it's just because the coverage here has focused on that. I think I've read at least a few of the previews in full, though.

Back
Top Bottom