HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Patch 1.07 for the ATOM RPG is out now:

Patch 1.07

Hello, friends!

Tonight, we offer you our newest patch, numbered 1.07.
We worked on it for quite a while, so we really hope you will like what it brings to the game.

Here is the log of the main changes:

• Reworked random encounters, changed fight balance. WIP.
  • Added new map - ATOM base - and tutorial.
  • Fixed car bugs.
  • Stock renew on save-load fixed.
  • Circus location bugs fixed, now quests are correctly given out and failed.
  • VIL-A fixed.
  • Xander P-603 fixed.
  • Informer fixed.
  • Castle leader's quest line fixed, consequences added to different approaches.
  • Peregon's government quest fixed, now you can correctly dispose of every leader.
  • You can now get to the ship in Krasnoznamenny while playing the Chaos route.
  • Minor bug fixes in all major settlements.
  • Typos and weird phrasing fixed in parts of the translation. WIP.
  • New recipe books for crafting.
  • Better optimization of the game.
  • Companions AI improved.
Thank you for sticking with us. Now, we're off to make the big update which will include new locations and quests. Stay tuned :)
More information.

Now, we're off to make the big update which will include new locations and quests.

Now that is what i am waiting for !!
Oh i am so gonna enjoy this !!

Oh my, just AFTER I finished my playthrough.
Well... this is a game I'm certain to return to.

Well… this is a game I'm certain to return to.

This, finished it just a couple of days ago. Might play it again somewhere down the line though.

Ahhhh, these are the reasons why I wait for the full releases nowadays. Looking forward to exploring this one fully, perhaps within the next month or two!

Well… this is a game I'm certain to return to.

This, finished it just a couple of days ago. Might play it again somewhere down the line though.

Exactly why I've been holding off. The devs are very active on the Steam forum and talk quite a bit about future plans, patches, etc. There will be several more patches before it's all done. I expect it to be at least v1.10 by mid-year.

It's a few games back in the queue for me anyways. :)

Well they promised new content for 2019 on it's release so I'm not surprised. The best part here is it's free if you just buy the game. Just makes the game better in my opinion.

I also gave my opinion of the game multiple times already it's a must play.

How's the replay value for this game? Do you get very different play-throughs depending on your build?

I finally bought it and played for some hours.
It seems to be a solid game but it doesn't catch me in a way that I can't wait for it to be finished.

How's the replay value for this game? Do you get very different play-throughs depending on your build?

Pretty much no. Two replays at the most. Male gunner or sniper and female smooth talker. Melee is useful at the beginning but after level 8 is a bit suicidal.

Having high personality gives narrative some additional flavour. But having high speech and barter is a must in any build.

High dex gives you action points and again it is a must. Having high strength gives you high carrying capacity and it is a must too. High INT gives you skill points and you want those.

So you can have 3 essential builds. High str, high dex, high int assaulter. High dex, high str, high luck sniper, or a more balanced jack of all trades.

Game overall is kind of grindy, and has perks system where you get 2 point per level but cost of perks is escalating in linear fashion. 1st costs 1 point second 2 and so on. so to get to 4th perk you need 8 levels. Perks make sense but some of them are more useful than others.

Overall, IMO it is more like Fallout 1 than 2 in size. And it is much more grindy.

Confirmed via the email I received earlier today. If you were on the fence about how nice these folks are, feast thine eyes on this:

Hey, guys!

This day ATOM has covered another huge milestone, by becoming a part of the good old games library on GOG.com.

ATOM RPG on GOG

As you know, GOG is a service, that sells DRM-free copies of old (and new, but oldschool) games of all kinds.

We are very happy, that ATOM was deemed worthy of becoming a part of this magnificent platform, beloved by hardcore RPG enthusiasts. We know we'd never do it without you! That's why every backer will be getting a DRM free GOG key as soon as possible!

Thank you. Now, we'll be going back to work on new content.

Stay awesome, stay tuned!

Yours truly,

Atom Team

Now I'm going to enjoy this game even longer!!

Personally I didn't find it grindy at all, I finished at level 15 I believe and never felt I couldn't just proceed down different quest lines. Sure, there are quite a few random battles popping up as you travel, but it never felt like a grind.

I went the maximum luck route, and it was kind of funny, worth it just for a couple of hilarious luck options if nothing else…

Personally I didn't find it grindy at all, …

I took prodigy child perk which halves the XP earned. And besides that, to get good armor and weapon you need to sell your loot to caravaneers random encounters for max return.

So yea, it is not a korean MMO grindfest, but feels a bit grindy if you decide you want that RPD for 18000 rubles in the store.

I took prodigy child perk which halves the XP earned. And besides that, to get good armor and weapon you need to sell your loot to caravaneers random encounters for max return.

So yea, it is not a korean MMO grindfest, but feels a bit grindy if you decide you want that RPD for 18000 rubles in the store.

I got the bulletproof vests through encounters, I did try to make as much money as possible though, especially mid game. Ended with over 40k rubles to spare… the best weapons were loot as well, don't think I purchased any of the ones I ended the game with.

I can imagine Child Prodigy makes it grindier, it doesn't actually reduce experienced gained by 50% though, it increases experience required for next level with 50%, making it roughly a 33% reduction. The translation is apparently a bit off with that one because I read it the same way you obviously did.

Last edited:
Not sure what is going on with my game. I am level 8 and all loot in random encounters is junk. Struggling with money with 100 barter.

That seems about right, give it a couple more hours and levels and suddenly it will turn around. By that point I micro managed all the loot trying to maximise profits. A couple of levels later I left expensive weapons lying on the ground because I couldn't be bothered...

Back
Top Bottom