RIP Bioware

I don't know that this really makes much difference. EA already merged Bioware with other studios years ago. I suspect that what currently remains of Bioware will continue, and I doubt EA would want to give up the brand.

EDIT: From what I can tell, Bioware isn't included in the merger - some other entities are being merged, and the boss of that new section is also being put in charge of Bioware.

Yea, the boss of EA mobile is now in charge of Bioware.

RIP.

If there was an RIP moment for Bioware, it was when they sold to EA in the first place. I don't really think this management reshuffle makes much difference.

Aaryn Flynn is still BioWare Studios Director. EA just shuffled the executives on top of him, I doubt that's going to change the studio direction much. EA will still be EA, regardless of the suit in charge.

The only thing you should be scared about Samantha Ryan is that she was the WB executive that handled the studios that made the Batman Arkham series and Shadow of Mordor.

Why should this scare you as Batman Arkham and Shadow of Mordor are both good games (at least on par with DA:I). True that the PC release of Batman Arkham had er problems but they did finally get it right in the end (which is unusual for studio so give them a giant thumbs up for that).

The only thing you should be scared about Samantha Ryan is that she was the WB executive that handled the studios that made the Batman Arkham series and Shadow of Mordor.

I have boycotted EA games for years, and I have been a happier gamer for those years. This won't change anything.

You+have+a+love+for+the+developers+ea+has+absorbed+_d0d22471bb54235b12d208de36fa5a40.jpg

Why should this scare you as Batman Arkham and Shadow of Mordor are both good games (at least on par with DA:I). True that the PC release of Batman Arkham had er problems but they did finally get it right in the end (which is unusual for studio so give them a giant thumbs up for that).

I agree. If by some miracle this ends up in EA squeezing out games with the quality of the Arkham games then that'd be a huge boost in quality for EA, not anything to be afraid of :) .

I was being sarcastic.

I am not 100% these corporate shuffles would affect much.

EA is still a horrible publisher that puts corporate greed above their customers. Bioware is still a developer I would trust (though no preordreds obviously, would wait for releases and reviews).

I'll missing checking in there for NWN stuff. Stupid suits.

I haven't bought a single Bioware game since they went to EA. And that streak will continue.

I agree as I mostly visited the older forum sections for mods myself. Oh well everyone should spread the word to migrate to the NWNVault from now on.

Link - https://neverwintervault.org/

Did they manage to "transport" everything from old site? Been meaning to put everything to the dvd or two, so I can fire it up at will.

Back
Top Bottom