Pillars of Eternity II - Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamesN Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire has new DLC called 'Seeker, Slayer, Survivor'.

The Seeker Survivor Slayer DLC was shown off at Gamescom 2018, and we were able to discuss the ideas behind it with the expansion’s director, Brandon Adler.

“It’s heavily focused on combat, we’re trying to play around with that,” Adler says. But he makes clear that this isn’t just a standard arena mode: “The fights are not just ‘grab a bunch of creatures, throw them in an arena and have a fight’. One of the fights is two wizard brothers that are fighting each other, and they both cast different types of magic. They put giant wards on the ground to protect themselves from their brother’s magic, and so you jump between those wards whenever you’re trying to avoid spells.”

[...]
Thanks Silver Coin!

More information.

Aww, this is one of the three planned "meaty" DLC? :(
Yes one more after this and there is more free DLC also.

In my opinion the Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC expansion sounds disappointing.

deadfire-update-53-content-timeline--thumb.png

Beast Of Winter launches in July, and takes you to an island inhabited by a mysterious doomsday cult who are hiding an ancient secret. You'll also get to explore The Beyond, a mysterious dimension populated by ancient souls and devilish challenges.

Seeker, Slayer, Survivor drops in September, and is a combat-focused expansion set on an undiscovered island. Your party's martial prowess will be tested, as will your skills as a commander, in a mission to wrest ancient relics from the grip of Eora’s most skilled and savage.

The Forgotten Sanctum will be available in November 2018, and will test your party’s allegiance and morality in a quest to help (or obstruct) the great wizards of Eora. Will you befriend, betray or befuddle these venerable mystics as you uncover secrets lost to the generations? Your decision will ripple across the Deadfire Archipelago.

I do think the game needs some bigger, harder and more unique combat encounters where more planning is required, so this sounds promising to me on paper.
Although it does make think of the Black Pit modes from the enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate 1&2 which were a pleasant enough diversion from the main game.

I don't like this kind of combat expansions. I need story.

This is happening in the year when even evil Ubisoft notorious for all sorts of irrelevant milking DLC cut that model and made a pair of proper beefy with numerous missions DLC for AC Origins.

I loved Eternity 2 regardless of it's… Questionable designs. So much that if they announced Eternity3 yesterday I'd have preordered it instantly.
Today… Hopefully I'll remember this DLC disgrace when they announce the third game. Because after this, I'm not gonna buy it before it's completed.

I don't like this kind of combat expansions. I need story.

Well, with all due respect, if you play the base game and first DLC, you'll get plenty of story. :) Give us combat guys some fun too!

Well, with all due respect, if you play the base game and first DLC, you'll get plenty of story. :)
Yep, I have.
Give us combat guys some fun too!
While I can not actually give, I can and do certainly let you have fun with it. ;)

Does nobody read the article?

“The DLC takes place on a pretty big island, so there’s all the random encounters and lots of scripted interactions and storybook scenes scattered around, too,” Adler adds. “It has a full story that you’re exploring just like Beasts of Winter.”

This DLC sounds great to me. I love the combat in Deadfire, and I remember a lot of people wishing there was more puzzle like encounters in the game.

Does nobody read the article?
Come on its RPGWatch it's more fun to complain.:biggrin:

If you want comedy and Die-Hard fans read the Codex forums.
This DLC sounds great to me. I love the combat in Deadfire, and I remember a lot of people wishing there was more puzzle like encounters in the game.
My honest opinion no I'm not interested in arena/island fighting for relics.

So that story you bolded better be good.

Last edited:
For me, I'm happy for any excuse to play more Deadfire. The first DLC was gold in the narrative department though, so I wouldn't expect this one to be any different.

I do like what they've done thus far with the God Challenges concept, and I look forward to seeing where they take it.

Played Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition not to long ago, and enjoyed the game,so ill wait till GOTYE or whatever they gonna call it to come out before I puchase part 2.....

Back
Top Bottom