Most anticipated titles in 2017

N

NewDArt

So, what 3 games are you looking forward to the most this year?

I could ask for just one title, but that would be too painful - but it's no fun without a limit, as people will just spam every title that's of even remote interest ;)

So, 3 is the number!

For me:

1. ELEX
2. Divinity: Original Sin 2
3. Destiny 2

I usually am not up to date with new releases so I browsed this 2018 release list.
http://games.gamepressure.com/?KAT=6&CZA=3

1. Cyberpunk 2077 (really 2018? cool)
2. DoS 2
3. Elex

And maybe Star citizen? Or Infinity: Battlescape? https://forums.inovaestudios.com/t/the-2017-roadmap/4732

After playing Frontier Elite I couldn't wait to play games like that, but as I grew older I became less and less interested in them and more into story-driven gaming. I'm waiting for squadron 42.

Wondering who had the best approach:
- star citizen: do it all at once before releasing (except for those combat simulators I guess)
- elite dangerous: release an empty world and fill it with patches and expansions. By the time star citizen is released ED might have more content

Last edited:
I usually am not up to date with new releases so I browsed this 2018 release list.
http://games.gamepressure.com/?KAT=6&CZA=3

1. Cyberpunk 2077 (really 2018? cool)
2. DoS 2
3. Elex

And maybe Star citizen? Or Infinity: Battlescape? https://forums.inovaestudios.com/t/the-2017-roadmap/4732

After playing Frontier Elite I couldn't wait to play games like that, but as I grew older I became less and less interested in them and more into story-driven gaming. I'm waiting for squadron 42.

Wondering who had the best approach:
- star citizen: do it all at once before releasing (except for those combat simulators I guess)
- elite dangerous: release and empty world and fill it with patches and expansions. By the time star citizen is released ED might have more content :p

Star Citizen will most definitely not be out in 2017. I doubt it will launch in 2018, either.

SQ42 will probably launch in 2018, though.

Oh, I have absolutely no doubt that establishing the core technology first is the only way to do it.

You can't completely refactor the code over and over again once you've launched. That's why ED will never - ever - be able to achieve what SC will.

They will have to half-ass it all the way, just like they've been doing it so far.

I lose track of what's coming out, so I may change my mind after seeing a few posts. But:

1 D:OS2. Loved the first one. Excited about part 2.
2 Elex. Not 100% convinced but I'm hopeful it will be good.
3. Eeeeer. Unknown Realm was meant to be December 2017 wasn't it? Can't remember if it slipped. If it is still 2017 hat's my third choice. If it slipped to 2018, then South Park I guess. The fiirst one was good fun. But basically I'm struggling for a 3.

1. Destiny 2
2. Wild West online
3. Ark survival

/sarcasm off

1. 7 Days to Die Alpha 16
2. 7 Days to Die Alpha 17
3. 7 Days to Die Alpha 18

:biggrin:

I'm at a stage in my life where CRPGs are too time consuming, so my list boils down to

1) Wolfenstein 2 - The New Colossus
2) The Evil Within 2
3) Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

besides elex, nothing really, backlog games again...really such a weak 2017 second half seems :(

Well… D:OS 2
And XCOM 2's War of the Chosen … Wait that's an expansion, it doesn't count :)
I could add ELEX, but I have the feeling I won't like it.
In console terms, Rainbow Skies for PS4

Most of the games i am looking forward to have been shifted to 2018. But, for this year:

D:OS 2
Elex

I can't think of a third. But, Vampyre intrigues me.

Probably D:OS-2 - there are several other games that might interest me but taking a wait and see approach. Btw To the poster above D:OS-2 is not part 2 of D:OS-1; they share very little (story wise other than being in the same universe).
-
Here is the time-line:
http://divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
D:OS 2 is around 1200ad and D:OS-1 is around 4ad

Just two for me. Both with some wishful thinking: M&B Bannerlord (wishing it actually comes out in 2017) and ELEX (wishing that I will actually like it).

Etrian Odyssey V

POE II
Pathfinder Kingmaker
Phoenix Point

I realize that the three I listed for 2018 will most likely be delayed, but as of now they are all listed as 2018 release dates.

Edit: Whoops I forgot Battletech. Who knows when that will be released though...

Nice to see so many anticipating ELEX. And an Etrian Odyssey mention, haha. Nice!

For me,

1. ELEX
2. ELEX
3. D:OS 2

That's about it. ELEX is one of those rare day one plays for me.

My three picks.

Notice my games are not MMO's or Online Services.

1. ELEX
2. D:OS 2
3. Wolfenstein 2 - The New Colossus

Seems most replies mention ELEX & D:OS 2, but I cant wait to play Wolfenstein 2 - The New Colossus. As Machine Games captures a perfect world where Nazi's won.
1. 7 Days to Die Alpha 16
2. 7 Days to Die Alpha 17
3. 7 Days to Die Alpha 18
Ah yes the game that will never be completed or enter Beta.:biggrin:

Joking aside its not the first game to be on Early Access for more than three years. Just take a look at a game called Kenshi as it takes the longest award.

I was joking with my entry, but 7D2D will be in EA forever. The devs love their game and have no plans of calling it done. A16 is huge and makes tons of changes from how A15 plays out. They've massively tweaked how XP is gained and made it tougher to level up quickly.

To be honest I haven't played a new game this year.

I have D:OS 2 ready to go..and for sure ELEX

Back
Top Bottom