Bethesda Softworks - Officially with Team Xbox

I doubt we need to worry about that. I don't see Bethesda jumping off the mod wagon considering how how much it's added to the popularity of their games.

Why would that change?

It didn't throughout their time on xbox….you can mode skyrim and fallout 4 no issue.

I admittedly don’t know much about gamepass but I know window store didn’t allow you to mod games.

I should be more clear though. I don’t expect mods wouldn’t be possible but that they would use Microsoft’s infrastructure to further their attempts to monetize them. Which for someone like me who builds games with 100’s of mods would be a buzzkill.

I don’t lose sleep over it or anything. :p but it is something I wonder about.

Great, now I want Imo's Pizza.

I'm sure they'll keep mod support, but I do wonder whether they might try to exert more control through their platform, with paid mods and such.

I don't think that would be wise, but a certain kind of corporate thinking could fail to understand the value the open mod scene brings, and just see the possibilities of controlling and monetising that side of things, perhaps killing the golden goose.

Did they actually say Dishonored is done? I hope not. There's a lot of untapped potential in that setting.

I don't think they did, but most of the people who made Dishonored Dishonored are no longer with the company. Harvey Smith and Raphael Colantonio, most notably.

I don't think they did, but most of the people who made Dishonored Dishonored are no longer with the company. Harvey Smith and Raphael Colantonio, most notably.

Didn't know about Harvey Smith. According to Wikipedia, he's still working there. He also hasn't changed his Twitter page.

I really hope they continue making Dishonored-related stuff. I was disappointed with the quality of the novels, but kept hoping for more games...

I would love a Dishonored 3 but after lackluster sales of the second game, and it's expansion I doubt it. Plus departure's and office politics have raised red flags.

I've also lost faith in anything Harvey Smith touches nowadays.:(

Anyway a few recent reports suggest the newer Elder Scrolls, Fallout's, and Starfield might now be timed or full exclusives to XBox, PC and GamePass only.

Last edited:
I would love a Dishonored 3 but after lackluster sales of the second game, and it's expansion I doubt it. Plus departure's and office politics have raised red flags.

I've also lost faith in anything Harvey Smith touches nowadays.:(

Anyway a few recent reports suggest the newer Elder Scrolls, Fallout's, and Starfield might now be timed or full exclusives to XBox, PC and GamePass only.

I'm almost 100% sure they are now exclusive to pc and xbox....

I wasn't aware there were novels. Do they tie-in with Corvo's story arc?
Well, the first one (the only one I tried) is set between the two games. A few years have passed and the somewhat older Emily is one of the protagonists. (Corvo is there too.) The best thing I could say about it is that it describes Emily's transition from a girl to the Empress you know from D2. But it's really not a good book ;-)

Back
Top Bottom