The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

To change things up a slight bit, I took the boxed set of Depeche Mode out to the porch this morning. I only got through two of the cd's so far, so I'll likely listen to the rest later this afternoon. Talk about some timeless music.

Some of the new Lord of the Lost's album tracks.:)

Priest

For They Know Not What They Do

Born With A Broken Heart

The Gospel Of Judas

Last edited:
Recalculating!

Can't go wrong with Tears Runs Rings.

Nah we need more metal for this thread. So counter- recalculating.

Iron Maiden - The Parchment

Iron Maiden - Hell On Earth

One of my favourites, and of course something the carnifex need to bring to his porch:

pibbuR who claims to be fearless

PS. There are of course many cover versions of this classic:
DS

I have decided to spam you with my top 10 best rock songs list, one each day.

Here's number 10:

pibbur who considers all these song porchable.

Wall of Voodoo, Blue Oyster Cult, some fine choices there! I'm doing a family reunion thingie this week, yet the porch madness will continue soon, and I suspect some of these artists will join me there!

I'm currently listening to the Schauorchester Ungelenk, which is a rarity … What they did - it is *extremely* hard to find *any* information about them - was a mix of humoristic covers, satire, own compositions, everything with "Satire" hanging above it.

I have heard only very few songs by Weird al Jancovic in the past, but I think that's what comes closest to what they did.

Their last album seems to have been an MP3 album only, and I don't buy that format, only CDs.
They have had their finest time in the 90s, and I'm currently their few CD albums mainly because a friend had liked them very much, and her death is now a year ago, so to say, and in a few days she would have had her birthday.
I just wanted to find out more about this "satire orchestra", and i must say that we had in this point quite the same taste.

I still don't know what had caused her death … All I had was the Cristmas Card i had sent to my friends - hers was coming back one day, solely with a printed notice of her funeral, no written lines, nothing. Apparently sent by her parents.

Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I'll send a letter to her parents, expressing what i knew about her and why everybody liked her in the small HSP community we had been in.

Number 8. Tool: "Schizm":

pibbur who often knows how to fit the pieces together, but has problem making them stay together. Even when using superglue.

Reminds me of still having to buy the first album by King Crimson ...

Number 7. "Experience" from the album "In a Glass House[/]" by Gentle Giant:

Actually for Gentle Giant I could have selected a lot of excellent stuff. Almost everything from the albums "Octopus", "Three Friends", "In a Glass House" and "Free Hand".

pibbuR who wonders if he should publish a 10 Best Gentle Giant Songs.

PS. Here's a bonus for you: A live performance of "Experience", followed by "Features from Octopus", including "The Advent of Panurge":
DS.

Last edited:
Number 6. "Closer" by Anathema, from their "A Natural Disaster" album.

Anathema is one of the, shall we say, "modern" progrock band. Quite different from bands like "Yes" and "King Crimson". They started as an extreme metal band, but changed into what they are now from their third album. Very melodic and athmospheric.

pibbuR who feels as close as can be to the wife and is not scared by it.

PS. I'll give you another one, the one I pondered placing at number 6 in stead of Closer. Here's "The Storm Before the Calm":
DS.

My porch has been empty these mornings with the family reunion in full swing, now, yet today I got out there with some Doors! Still awesome even after five or more decades, literal ear-candy.

Back
Top Bottom