The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I think technically we can take level 4 and hold 5, since we usually start running L2 content as a group.
Since the lvl2 quests are all old content, they're pretty easy to solo, even for support-type toons. That's really the question being asked- solo the 2's or not? Historically, we have not, but we could always do things differently.

I will bring a rogue type, I have an inquisitive, arty, and great crossbow build. I may just stick with Peacus, get 30 and bring her back around. Will be rogue no matter which I pick. I agree, we can all hit 4 on our own I think. I just need to know when.

And what do we do this session, actually ?
I wouldn't be against not doing anything this weekend. ;)

My list comes later this day.

My list :

Note that "complete" means "pure"

- Cinderheart, complete level 5 Cleric
- Anhki, Monk 3 with 1 level of Rogue (one of my many experimental Quarterstaff builds)
- Grimmaramma, complete level 4 Paladin, Dragonborn
- Arnaliaina, seldom played complete level 6 Druid
- Hibaina, complete level 6 Warlock
- Jadaram Squeak Of Fury, Halfling, 2 Barbarian, 3 Cleric, 2 Rogue, I don't remember what I wanted to achieve with this "fun build" anymore …
- Karamboulaia, complele level 5 Iconic Scoundrel Bard
- Kriita, complete level 5 Cleric
- Waptia, Cleric 1, Paladin 2, Shifter
- Tirinha, Rogue 3, Artificer 2
- Thasabadram, rarely played complete level 6 Favoured Soul
- Tiktaalik, Warforged One whose player just cannot decide if he wants him to be Wizard or Artificer, Wizard 1 Artificer 3
- Luedaemilla, rarely played Druid 4, Artificer 3, likely to have a lesser TR at one point to become a complete Druid

Everyone else of my alts has higher levels than this.

Of this list, Grimmaramma, Waptia and Anhki have the lowest levels.

Peter - Paladin
Azrael - Monk or Barbarian
CM - Inquisitive Trapper/Breaking Hulk Hogan's Legs
JM - Setting Fire to Peter WITH HER MIND but not a trapper.
Corwin - Soulstone
Alrik - Unknown
Dte - Favored Soul

I'd suggest the Bard myself, Alrik. With the prevailance of weapon damage, the Bard is basically a force multiplier in this group, backs up Dte with solid healing, and depending on how you've built it (Spellsinger, Warchanter/Swashbuckler) it can be either a solid CC caster or damage in it's own right. Otherwise the Paladin would add solid damage, and they're pretty tough once geared.

That'll leave us with a fairly well balanced group; with a front line, healer, support, and ranged damage. If I go Monk, I can toss in additional healing with 3x Light and Healing Curse, so 4 characters capable of healing on some degree or another, and Barbarian can self-heal after L12. That leaves JM and Corwin able to fill in however they want as well; since every necessary role is covered.

Peter - Paladin
Corwin - Soulstone
Alrik - Unknown
Dte - Favored Soul

I'd suggest the Bard myself, Alrik. With the prevailance of weapon damage, the Bard is basically a force multiplier in this group, backs up Dte with solid healing, and depending on how you've built it (Spellsinger, Warchanter/Swashbuckler) it can be either a solid CC caster or damage in it's own right. Otherwise the Paladin would add solid damage, and they're pretty tough once geared.

That'll leave us with a fairly well balanced group; with a front line, healer, support, and ranged damage. If I go Monk, I can toss in additional healing with 3x Light and Healing Curse, so 4 characters capable of healing on some degree or another, and Barbarian can self-heal after L12. That leaves JM and Corwin able to fill in however they want as well; since every necessary role is covered.
FWIW, I agree with this from start to finish.

I will be out next week (3SEP), driving home, and then there's a good chance I'll be able to run the following week (10SEP).

For Alrik and Peter, you can take 18 on your main toon. Next up for that group is Spinner to get Alrik over to Eveningstar. Then we need to get this toon a key. Alrik, when we start a new group of mains, you should TR one of your toons that has a key. That will allow us to skip Spinner for once and do some other lvl16 content when we get there. The TR will help make your toon more powerful, too.

This group looks lite on for casters, so I might go for a Warlock. Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. That way I'll be a Jack-of-all-Trades ;) (backup healer, backup fighter etc.) , and still have the feeling to contribute in a meaningful way.

I might be out for 3rd as well, because I plan to do a museum visit in 4th and don't want to be that tired as usual (please remember that going to bed around 3-5 in the morning leaves me only with a few hours of sleep).
And since this is the last weekend of an exhibition about Roman Technogolgy in Bonn (former capital of Germany), i really want to see it. Going there on Saturday also has the benefit of being able to visit Bonn in general and maybe go to a few musems / do a bit of shopping there as well. I'm not often there anymore, only 1-4 times per year, and I'd really want to take this possibility.

This group looks lite on for casters, so I might go for a Warlock. Thoughts?

I have no problems with that.

One thing to keep in mind as we map out the new alt group- that group runs when somebody is out, meaning their contributions won't be available. We seem to have pretty good overlap except for trap monkey where the depth chart is one deep. I've got plenty of LR hearts floating around so I could rejigger RhoGu into that acrobat rogue build I was threatening for Wouldii if it makes sense. We'd lose primary healing, but probably have enough secondary healing across the group to handle things just fine.

Corwin, if you wanna do a warlock, do a warlock. You'll have to pick a flavor, though- ranged blast or aura blast. If you were looking at aura blasting, I'd definitely take a peek at the daggerlock build on the ddo forums. With some legit melee in the group, your Evards (regardless of your warlock flavor) will be very helpful.

One thing to keep in mind as we map out the new alt group- that group runs when somebody is out, meaning their contributions won't be available. We seem to have pretty good overlap except for trap monkey where the depth chart is one deep. I've got plenty of LR hearts floating around so I could rejigger RhoGu into that acrobat rogue build I was threatening for Wouldii if it makes sense. We'd lose primary healing, but probably have enough secondary healing across the group to handle things just fine.

Corwin, if you wanna do a warlock, do a warlock. You'll have to pick a flavor, though- ranged blast or aura blast. If you were looking at aura blasting, I'd definitely take a peek at the daggerlock build on the ddo forums. With some legit melee in the group, your Evards (regardless of your warlock flavor) will be very helpful.

What, no Inqui-'lock :p

Peter - Paladin
Corwin - Warlock Soulstone
Alrik - Scoundrel Bard
Dte - Favored Soul or Acrobat

Push come to shove, I can rework a build into being a trapper build. Monks aren't hard to work out trapping skills into, and Barbarian is doable.

I find the aura blast annoying and disconcerting the few times I've tried to use it, so it's likely I'd go ranged blast and only switch to aura when surrounded by large mobs.

I find the aura blast annoying and disconcerting the few times I've tried to use it, so it's likely I'd go ranged blast and only switch to aura when surrounded by large mobs.
Fair enough. I've wondered how a chain blast toon would hold up. All my warlocks (admittedly not that many) were daggerlock blasters and that build only uses chain blasting for a few levels. It seemed to have potential.

Fair enough. I've wondered how a chain blast toon would hold up. All my warlocks (admittedly not that many) were daggerlock blasters and that build only uses chain blasting for a few levels. It seemed to have potential.

Chain isn't bad; I always made sure to have it so I could use it situationally on my Warlock builds. It's just overshadowed by burst or cone because they can hit as many mobs that you can fit in front of you, while chain is only 4 or 5.

My only Warlock is at level 6, so I can't comment on that …

I've TR'd and taken my new Warlock to level 3. I've done Korthos except for Misery (no way) and all the Keep explorers, but I don't know the Keep Quests well enough to risk a solo run. I suppose I could do a few around town, or Cerulean Hills (Yawn), but I'm not much for solo runs unless I have to and with PWoTR arriving in a day or 2 I won't have time outside of our regular run to do much. At least the Warlock can be played on auto-pilot most of the time!! :)

I've TR'd and taken my new Warlock to level 3. I've done Korthos except for Misery (no way) and all the Keep explorers, but I don't know the Keep Quests well enough to risk a solo run. I suppose I could do a few around town, or Cerulean Hills (Yawn), but I'm not much for solo runs unless I have to and with PWoTR arriving in a day or 2 I won't have time outside of our regular run to do much. At least the Warlock can be played on auto-pilot most of the time!! :)
I've got RhoGu a rank into lvl3 from doing Korthos in-town, Keep S/E/R, and the Keep quest chain. I guess we'll just plan on parking there and doing all the harbor 2's together when the time comes. If Alrik, Peter, or whoever would like to skip a week and get some sleep, I'd say go ahead and get your toons to lvl4 by doing the harbor quests on your own.

Actually, I'll probably have to knock out the harbor 2's myself so that you guys can run the alts one of the weeks I'm out. Shit. Nothing is easy.

Yes, indeed, I'll skip this week.

This doesn't mean that I might be there earlier during my local time zone day. Just not through what's "night" here.

I don't think everyone has a toon TR'd for the new alt group yet, Alrik. So that "week off" I mentioned a couple posts ago probably won't be this Friday. If you miss Friday (which is your business), my guess is that the remaining group will run some epics to focus on token farming.

Last edited:
I went ahead, since I got off work early enough, and sat through two DA runs (digging out my old Warlock so she could stand there and let the aura finish the quest while I did other stuff). Mureall is now L3 (not far off of 4 actually) and is a Falconry-based Light Monk. I still need to do some crafting, and will probably run Borderlands to reach L4 since we're starting on L2 content anyway, maybe try to get enough AP to get WIS to Damage in Falconry (already got to-hit). I also now have around 70 slots free in my shared bank after using up all the XP stones I had banked for the TR.

Assuming tomorrow goes well, I'll be back on day shift for the following two weeks, then probably back to nights for the next job. So the next couple of weeks after tomorrow, I may very well be worthless due to the back and forth. I will almost certainly take the Saturday after Labor Day(US), so I can get the Saturday before I switch back to nights to change my sleep schedule again.

Back
Top Bottom