Viking Vengeance - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The action RPG Viking Vengeance has been released today:

Viking Vengeance is Live!

The Vikings are here, prepare your axes! We are excited to announce Viking Vengeance has been released on Steam!

Viking Vengeance is Live!

The Vikings are here, prepare your axes! We are excited to announce Viking Vengeance has been released on Steam!

Please share the news with the world! Thanks everyone for being supportive and providing great feedback, you are our fuel!
For those of you with higher end PCs, we recommend you put the Quality Settings to Ultra and Increase the Resolution for a better experience, it has been a wild journey and this is only the beginning for Viking Vengeance.

Thank you for being here!
More information.

Another top-down isometric perspective ARPG. I'll pass thank you.:cool:

Sadly since it appears too action-y for my liking, I'll be taking a pass on this iteration of vikings. Too bad, because as a profession, I enjoy them immensely.

ARPGs are probably my favorite type of game. So I might normally be mildly interested in something like this. But that voice work is abysmal. Lines like “It’s Hammer time” and “It’s Thursday” are already cringe-worthy. But adding in that guys monotone and seemingly uninterested voice acting make it a hard pass for me. I’d rather not even have voiced dialogue than stuff like this.

I think the biggest problem with voiceovers is they spring for a real voice actor, but not a voice coach. Like the guy just recites shit into a mic in his home studio, and bam, we're done! Combine that with second tier writing and you've got a flop.

I think the biggest problem with voiceovers is they spring for a real voice actor, but not a voice coach. Like the guy just recites shit into a mic in his home studio, and bam, we're done! Combine that with second tier writing and you've got a flop.

Absolutely…I also feel like some developers are simply adding voiceover content to check a box as that’s the current trend. Its not always necessary, some of my favorite games didn’t have this feature.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom