RIP Chris Cornell

P

pibbur who

Died abruptly yesterday (17th of May). An incredible voice.

pibbur who

EDIT: Based on Hastar's recommendation, Here's Temple of the Dog (which, shame on me, I hadn't heard about until now):

He had one of the best rock voices around. Loved when he teamed up with Eddie Vedder in the group Temple of the Dog.

Temple of the Dog sounds like it would be a good D&D module or crpg.

:(

Superunknown was one of my favorite albums as a teen. Chris was such a great, versatile vocalist.

Sad news.
Superunknown was a great album, as was the first Audioslave album. He had an awesome voice.

I was fortunate enough to see him and his respective bands about a dozen times, mostly during the nineties. His voice was unique, he seemed like a good guy, and I can barely believe he is gone. That is just far too young.

This is really crushing news to me. Soundgarden were a massive favourite band for me in my late high school days. I think Louder Than Love was quite possibly the first CD I ever bought! Very sad news.

I'll be raising a pint after work for Chris and playing Badmotorfinger and SuperUnknown tomorrow on my commute for sure. Such a soaring melodic musical force of nature that he was; he'll be truly missed.

Torn here...

Started listening tho them in 89-90. Worked Sunday nights at the local University Radio station.

Killed himself leaving his wife to explain that to his young children.

Strange, you'd think someone in his position would have everything to live for - immense wealth, married with young children, famous rock singer. Guess he had some inner demons he just couldn't shake.

I saw an interview with wrestler Chris Jericho about this, and he said it was weird how four of the five top grunge bands from that era have had untimely deaths like this, and attributed it to "dark energy" among these singers/bands.

Dark energy? More like drugs and disappointment in life.

It's the same story every single time.

Maybe it wouldn't happen if people stopped confusing rock music with something that's of more value than anything else that's good in life. Like, for instance, good cooking or good plumbing.

Some of my favorite songs were song by him, and I will miss his music.:mourn:

Sadly it seems the great rockers always kill themself's to early.

In the words of JANIS JOPLIN, 'LIVE FAST, DIE YOUNG".

I'm from Seattle. I knew a waitress who knew these guys. Apparently they tip pretty well! On a more serious note, this ruined my day. Almost every artist I listened to growing up is dead. Makes me feel old.

Back
Top Bottom