Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade - Isn't a tweaked Retelling

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
RPG Site says that the new Final Fantasy 7 trilogy isn't just a retelling of the old Final Fantasy VII:

It's time to accept and embrace that the Final Fantasy VII Remake trilogy isn't a tweaked retelling - it's going full Kingdom Hearts

With yesterday's Final Fantasy VII 25th Anniversary stream bringing with it several new announcements, we now finally know what the future holds for the FF7 universe, including confirmation about certain aspects of the remainder of the retelling of that classic game's story kicked off with 2020's Final Fantasy VII Remake.

The most splashy news was the announcement of the second game in the series, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. But the most interesting news was undoubtedly the confirmation that the 'FF7 remake' series will be three parts, and made up of three games - FF7 Remake, Rebirth, and one final title that we'll learn of at a much later date. Buried within all of this was an implicit confirmation of something that fans have been debating since credits first rolled on FF7 Remake's first part - this time, things are going to be different.

Full spoilers for FF7 Remake (2020) follow.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Wont lie I personally thought it would have been the same game in a new engine. Now it's split into three episodes with DLC, and it's become a retelling with time travel.

Basically some of the original characters from the 90's version are trying to change the timeline. I didn't see that coming an in six years I'll play the whole saga on the PC.

Wont lie I personally thought it would have been the same game in a new engine. Now it's split into three episodes with DLC, and it's become a retelling with time travel.

Basically some of the original characters from the 90's version are trying to change the timeline. I didn't see that coming an in six years I'll play the whole saga on the PC.

AND some of them are aware of that!

It's a remake not a remaster, so I'm not sure why anyone would act surprised that there are changes to the narrative.

I just hope the story is better translated than the original was and makes more sense, though I don't expect the latter since this is a JRPG we're talking about.

The script/translation is vastly better. I'll hold off on proclaiming that the story makes more sense since we've only seen 1/3rd of it, but so far that's true.

Back
Top Bottom