Spellforce 2: FiD - Facts & Screens PR

I am looking forward to this. I hope they line up a US distributor this time early on - I had to order SF2: Dragon Storm from overseas when it came out since it took a very long time for it to get released in the US.

They have direct market access through DreamCatcher.

I'm not optimistic about this game. The old devs are no longer available, it uses the old engine and I think it has been farmed out to the guys who ruined the Gothic 3 add-on.

I'm not optimistic about this game. The old devs are no longer available, it uses the old engine and I think it has been farmed out to the guys who ruined the Gothic 3 add-on.

Uggh ... I really liked Spellforce 2 ... but since you put it that way ...

They have direct market access through DreamCatcher.

Trine? You really think they would work with them again after the Forsaken Gods desaster? :-/

Was SF2 even that good? It sounded like they dumbed it down pretty far from was SF1 was so I skipped it altogether.

Trine: They may have stupidly signed a multigame(or attempt at one) deal, either that or they're so dirt cheap that it just doesn't matter, after all this is JoWood here, not some decent publisher.

I loved SF2 - more focus on the RPG elements, less focus on the strategy part (it was still enjoyable - it just wasn't as tedious as it was in SF1).

However, that studio was bought by EA, so I do not believe this will come close to SF2. My expectations are low indeed.

either that or they're so dirt cheap that it just doesn't matter, after all this is JoWood here, not some decent publisher.
I think that's the case here.
JoWood just want to rip off the ignorant Spellforce fans.

The game was interesting but the controls sucked rotten egg. I never did finish the campaign (might get back to it in a bit; but too many really enjoyable games recently for me to deal with the annoying controls). (I've been side tracked with KB/DA/ME for 9 months now - Yea i know da/me just came out but I really enjoyed KB-TL/KB-AP).

I enjoyed the first Spellforce quite a bit, even though I hate building army type games. The second game was just bleh to me. I'm not sure why. I guess it felt unfocused. You'd be playing one way, then switch, then switch back and it just got old real fast. It was also too streamlined. It was on rails the whole time; at least as far as I played it.

I enjoyed the first Spellforce quite a bit, even though I hate building army type games. The second game was just bleh to me. I'm not sure why. I guess it felt unfocused. You'd be playing one way, then switch, then switch back and it just got old real fast. It was also too streamlined. It was on rails the whole time; at least as far as I played it.
This is exactly the type of comment that I meant when I said above that I heard it wasn't as good/dumbed down. It's only VERY rarely that I see anyone make a favorable comparison of SF2 to SF1 with SF2 coming out on the losing side...

The second one was easier to play with improved control scheme and less buggy/wonky, but the character development was noticeably more simplified. I think they were trying to make things a little more palatable for the rts crowd, which is understandable as it never really claimed to be primarily rpg. I also remember feeling pretty well kept on the rails in the first one, just a little more character development freedom.

I think SpellForce 2 was a superb game - just very, very mainstream and a bit too simplified. The first game was overkill, but I still liked it a lot. The controls are very good.

Back
Top Bottom