Planar Conquest - PC Version in Q2 2016

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A PC version of Planar Conquest will be be released in Q2 2016 on Steam:

About The Game
Planar Conquest is a 4X turn-based strategy game inspired by Master of Magic. Created to give you that awesome feeling of the gameplay of the past, wrapped into modern look. “eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate” are the four words which are here to provide fun and challenge.

Create Your Own Sorcerer Lord
Customize your character and become all powerful Sorcerer Lord to rule the empire or choose a pre-generated character. Select from 13 spell circles that will determine which of the over 300 spells your lord can learn. Choose from over 40 disciplines that give your lord specific advantages or disadvantages, and will allow you to adjust your character to your gameplay style. Magic, military, diplomacy and economy can be harnessed to serve you.

Explore Unique Multiverse
Three procedurally generated Planes of Existence all with their own special features, that can be customized with the shape, landmasses and size even up to 128x128 tiles. Over 40 types of locations that can be examined in search of various loot and fight with the guardians that protect those.

Exterminate Your Foes
Over 40 different kinds of buildings to improve your settlements, over 100 unique military units to recruit and magical creatures to summon among with possibility to found new settlements to increase your empire's power and conquering neutral and enemy cities to extend your borders gives long hours of gameplay.
  • Use diplomacy to get an edge over your enemies.
  • Play out combat on a tactical battle board.
  • Hire heroes and equip them with magical weapons and armor.
  • Gain experience and make units more powerful as they achieve victory after victory.
  • Use tactical, strategic, and global spells to destroy your enemies.
More information.

So many people talk about Master of Magic in glowing terms. It will be interesting to see what this game can do on its own terms.

So this is a game released by the guys who did worlds of magic...which is still pretty much not finished so instead they decided to move on to this.

Not to impressed.

So this is a game released by the guys who did worlds of magic…which is still pretty much not finished so instead they decided to move on to this.

Not to impressed.
Its the same game as the developer just renamed it to Planar Conquest.

Link - http://steamcommunity.com/app/265970/discussions/0/618458030677983536/
Link - http://steamcommunity.com/app/265970/discussions/0/412449508296235649/

So unless it's been heavily patched and fixed I recommend no one buy it.

Last edited:
Or they have learned a big lesson in game development.
I hope they did but we shall see. It's also a free update for previous buyers.
It has been stated in another pinned thread but I will underline again: every owner of Worlds of Magic will receive Planar Conquest for Steam for FREE, when it's released. That means the full game. After that, WoM will be discontinued. The overall goal is to achieve maximum harmonization between all PQ versions: mobile, Windows and consoles. Console version is being made with the help of Teyon. We are consulting with them, but it's mostly in their hands. In the long run, we want to at least be able to transfer saves between platforms. For those wondering about the GOG version: I'm not in the know about this but I think the game didn't pass their review system. I'd assume that when PQ is done, we will try again.
They also did a new Q&A on explorminate.
Link - https://explorminate.net/2016/03/14/planar-conquest-qa/

Or they have learned a big lesson in game development.

Honestly, don't give a crap if they did. I backed the main game and paid for all future DLC which there seems to be none coming now.

This game I get free though, yay me.

Back
Top Bottom