Saga Heroes - New Game Poll

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Ayrik of Wasatch Games announces he is doing a new poll for Saga Heroes to decide the future of his failed kickstarter game. If you were one of the backers , or just interested in the game please take the survey.

Here are the details.

You Decide the Future of the Game! Please Participate.

As you may know, Saga Heroes was not funded on Kickstarter! I know, this is a few months late, but I've been trying to decide what to do with the game since it then. After months of deliberating and questioning everything this game is, I finally came to my senses. Why not let the future players of the game decide what they want?

So, I created a tiny survey, that's really no more than a poll on what you, the fans, want me to do with Saga Heroes. Your choices will affect the final output of the game, so please participate!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Bxf…afY3Y/viewform

Please, please, please participate in this poll!

It will take most of you no longer than 2 minutes to finish the survey, and will provide me with all the information I need to bring you the game you want. Without participation, this game could disappear due to lack of interest! Please don't let that happen!

I will continue to work on this game in my own spare time until funding is acquired, or the game is complete. Thank you all for your support and encouragement!
More information.

There are plenty of ARPGs around and it is difficult to get excited about another one, particularly when it doesn't appear to be sufficiently funded to compete with more mainstream offerings on the key areas that differentiate these and graphics, animation etc. Why would you play this rather than say Torchlight, Path Of Exile, Diablo, Van Helsing, Grim Dawn...

I get that this might be more adventure oriented, but to do that well would require lots of expensive assets, puzzle/dungeon design and much underestimated lore/story/world design. So just couldn't see where this game was going on Kickstarter.

In short the game needs a real unique selling point that completely differentiates it from those other games not just some hand waving. That's why Darkest Dungeon got funded on KS and games like this didn't.

There are plenty of ARPGs around and it is difficult to get excited about another one, particularly when it doesn't appear to be sufficiently funded to compete with more mainstream offerings on the key areas that differentiate these and graphics, animation etc. Why would you play this rather than say Torchlight, Path Of Exile, Diablo, Van Helsing, Grim Dawn…

I get that this might be more adventure oriented, but to do that well would require lots of expensive assets, puzzle/dungeon design and much underestimated lore/story/world design. So just couldn't see where this game was going on Kickstarter.

In short the game needs a real unique selling point that completely differentiates it from those other games not just some hand waving. That's why Darkest Dungeon got funded on KS and games like this didn't.

Yeah I agree with you that the developer needs to find a way to distinguish this game from all the other ARPGs out there. I didn't back the KS because I get the sense from the demo it would primarily be a simple hack n' slash game and even the most popular of those bore me… If I thought it was going to be something like a Zelda game but with less cartoony graphics, challenging puzzles etc. then that's something I'd be interested in.

I think the graphics / animations are pretty good as is. And I don't even necessarily think that it needs a "lot of expensive" assets to make it more adventure / puzzle oriented. What I think it does need is a few more designers on the team to come up with some interesting gameplay / puzzle mechanics and level design. If the focus is going to be on story / adventuring / puzzles and less so oncombat then level design is extremely important.

Back
Top Bottom