The cat living with us

pibbuR

Feeling ... lonely?
... or since cats regard owners as "staff", the cat that employ us.

She has started to pee on the floor near the litter boxes. We thought that it might have something to do with her being unhappy about how often we cleaned said boxes. but now we've established the routines necessary to make it clean and cozy most of the day. We've gotten two litterboxes for her (some people, for some reason, recommend one more litterbox than the number of cats in the household). And we've started using pheromone destroyers to reduce the temptation.

Still she pees around once a day on the floor.

Any thoughts? Recommendations? Solutions?

a pibbur who for the record won't eliminate the problem by eliminating the cat.

PS.
laser_pointer.png
DS.

I'm afraid I know little of the ways of cats. I hope the feline can be persuaded to reform its conduct.

We had three cats and the old female started doing both. We determined she was trying to own the rooms and was upset/insecure about the place in light of the other two young toms.

We couldn't get her to stop no matter what so we put her outside for good which was heartbreaking. She never got the attention she did before. One day I found out she had gone deaf and we hadn't noticed.

In retrospect, I would have put a litterbox in the house for her. But I have to say she did have a great old life and she rightfully owned me. I think why it hurts is I just want her back.

To keep that from happening now we don't have more than two cats and two that know each other already.

My standard go to reference for anything to do with cats is that international best-seller: 101 Things To Do With A Dead Cat!! :) Teach the cat to read and show her the book!!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom