C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Not taking advantage of wider beta tests smacks of grade-A stupidity.

Of course, 9 out of 10 launches are beta tests anyway.

CD Projekt Red Hypes Up E3 2019, Confirms Cyberpunk 2077 Will Be Present

I'm super-hyped!

I'm not. Who cares about E3. Release the damn game already.

I've learned to ignore news for the games I'm most hyped for because it makes them appear to release quicker! Just forget about it then be surprised that it's ready.

Except for SCL and MHW? :)

It happened after SCL.

MHW got my attention because it was made by many of the Dragons Dogma guys and I spent the whole time playing DD wishing it had co-op. In particular, the DLC area of DD had so much co-op potential it seemed almost certain MHW, aimed at co-op play, would be fantastic.

I could easily have spoiled it because the console version came out 6 months early but I didn't watch any streams or look up what I wanted to go in the wiki. Well, I did take a little peak at sword and shield because that's what I thought I'd play as the whole time, but that's all!

It turns out I change weapons all the time, which is a big part of why the gameplay stays so fresh. There's enough depth to the weapons that even after a little break it takes a hunt or two to get the feel for them again.

I took a screenshot not too long ago and at that time my weapon use was:

Sword and Shield - 122 hunts
Greatsword - 61
Longsword (katana) - 174
Dual Blades - 98
Hammer - 79
Warhorn - 23
Lance - 109
Gunlance - 47
Switch Axe - 69
Chargeblade - 131
Insect Glaive - 160
Light Bowgun - 9
Heavy Bowgun - 19
Bow - 20

Last edited:
It happened after SCL.

MHW got my attention because it was made by many of the Dragons Dogma guys and I spent the whole time playing DD wishing it had co-op. In particular, the DLC area of DD had so much co-op potential it seemed almost certain MHW, aimed at co-op play, would be fantastic.

I could easily have spoiled it because the console version came out 6 months early but I didn't watch any streams or look up what I wanted to go in the wiki. Well, I did take a little peak at sword and shield because that's what I thought I'd play as the whole time, but that's all!

It turns out I change weapons all the time, which is a big part of why the gameplay stays so fresh. There's enough depth to the weapons that even after a little break it takes a hunt or two to get the feel for them again.

I took a screenshot not too long ago and at that time my weapon use was:

Sword and Shield - 122 hunts
Greatsword - 61
Longsword (katana) - 174
Dual Blades - 98
Hammer - 79
Warhorn - 23
Lance - 109
Gunlance - 47
Switch Axe - 69
Chargeblade - 131
Insect Glaive - 160
Light Bowgun - 9
Heavy Bowgun - 19
Bow - 20

MHW is made by the DD guys? That explains it ;)

MHW is made by the DD guys? That explains it ;)

Yeah, Capcom. They started making games before you stopped wetting the bed.

I know you don't have to coordination to play games that require skill - and that's fine. But a lot of people do and those people tend to respect Capcom and what they've contributed to gameplay design over the years.

Yeah, Capcom. They started making games before you stopped wetting the bed.

I know you don't have to coordination to play games that require skill - and that's fine. But a lot of people do and those people tend to respect Capcom and what they've contributed to gameplay design over the years.

I'm actually just teasing you a little :)

I haven't played MHW - and I have no intention to do so.

But your reaction is a little over-the-top, don't you think?

I know you're telling yourself that it requires "skill" to play these games. I guess it does in some way :)

It takes skill to master Tetris, too - sure. Not a very compelling reason to play it, though.

They started making games before you stopped wetting the bed.
He stopped? When did that happen. :evilgrin:
Agree hope CD Projekt announces a release date at E3 in June.:party:
Fingers crossed for a X-Mas 2019 release.:fingerscrossed:
I hoped it'll be released before xmas, but wouldn't complain for such "delay" as long as it's some 2019 date. ;)

Now now, play nice :)

Don't hate me because I'm a little smarter in a few ways. It's not by choice.

He stopped? When did that happen. :evilgrin:

I hoped it'll be released before xmas, but wouldn't complain for such "delay" as long as it's some 2019 date. ;)
Well it won't be a summer release as E3 is in June.

It would make more sense to release on the holidays to maximize profits. Also current insider information thinks it will be re-released on the new consoles like GTA 5 was.

So it will be released on the PC, XBox One & PS4 possibly late 2019. Followed by a re-release on the newer consoles for 2020-2021. Don't know the console names yet.

Back
Top Bottom