Two Worlds - v1.5 Patch Info

The Powergamer Hack n' slash mentality it seems to cater to (Level scaling,
immersion breaking features like weapon stacking etc...) the ugly art direction
(personal tastes differ ofcourse) and the overall lukewarm to negative remarks
from members of this forum. Make me not want to pick it up...

But I most certainly have to add my thumbs up for the very good
support. These people set an example that I would dearly like to
see more devs/publishers follow.

Yes, the support is outstanding, nevertheless.

Zuxxez always had good support. The Earth series also got lots of patches.

Quest rewards in Multiplayer - now quest rewards are only applied to the person which comes first to the questgiver. Possibility of failing a quest when someone started it along with player, then finished it earlier, is fixed. Maps unlock whenever the taken quests are solved, no matter by whom (which will make some "taxi drivers" from mp very happy). In general, quest triggers for quest status "solved"/"failed"/"in progress" now work much more efficiently, and are more dynamic (the status-update for quests is almost immediate now, there is rarely if any delay in messages).

Special update - after de-learning the skill, if it drops to 0, it becomes properly unlearned after some time, so you can't use 0 level skills anymore!

Weapon trails and gore - there are more pronounced weapon trails, also "bloodied" weapon trails on weapon hit&return. Blood spatter seems more varied, and seems to come in bigger quantities/more randomly. This still isn't "proper" gore and blood so many people miss, but it's a step in the right direction.

Shield equipped with twohanders - Youngneil1 points out, that shield is now staying in its left hand slot even when twohander is equipped. This ensures, that when you switch between weapons (2hander for 1hander) the shield is not dropped or misplaced. The shield is marked as unusable then (coloured red), and no longer applies any bonuses, but is easily accessible.

Dunno if this is an additional delay to the already announced delays but Austrian retailer Gameware is reporting on their website that the X360 version will not be out on August 21 as originally anticipated. According to them this is due to manufacturing issues on Microsoft's side. The new date is supposed to be announced early next week hopefully. It doesn't become clear from Gameware's news whether this is going to affect the release of the international PC version in any way or whether these issues are confined to the European or maybe even only German X360 version.

[Me has a feeling that these "manufacturing issues" are in reality called Bioshock :biggrin: ]

[Me has a feeling that these "manufacturing issues" are in reality called Bioshock :biggrin: ]
Funny but also likely true - *nothing* is getting any attention that isn't Bioshock next week. Heck, I entered a contest to win a copy - for the X360 (which I don't have). Push Two Worlds back Two Weeks and perhaps the coverage will go beyond Two Words.

Yep. With Bioshock and the GC next week, Two Worlds would get totally ignored. I wouldn't want to release a game in the next couple of weeks either. If you tear a grumpy editor away from playing Bioshock, well, that's just begging to get slammed :) . And sales would suck, too. The average kid/student can't usually afford to buy two full price X360 games shortly after another and even working adults might find it hard to justify the spendings, especially since Two Worlds is nowhere nearly as close to a "must have" as Bioshock is (or seems to be).

Moriendor thanks for the info. I'm glad that i waited but yep its safe to assume there won't be any major overhauls. so I'm going to buy the game.. Its a stunning how bugged two worlds must have been..when I have read few of those update infos. Luckily they atleast fix what they left broken unlike few other companies. :p

:( But I don't want Bioshock, I want Two Worlds!! :(

My problem with Bio, is that it's advertised as an FPS. Generally speaking, I dislike that genre; I have NO twitch skills, I play slowly and if fast reactions are needed, count me out!! I SUCK majorly at FPS games, and I've tried a few my son's brought home. If Bio is a pure FPS, I won't be getting it!!

Both the System Shock games had many situations where you needed to react quickly to survive. I don't think BioShock is going to be that much differen in terms of gameplay.

:( But I don't want Bioshock, I want Two Worlds!! :(

Yes, but you also want them to have a chance to succeed - look at what happened to VtM:Bloodlines - being in the shadow of HL2 sure didn't help ...

Spells rebalanced - a lot of spells were changed/polished; their mana costs, and damage outcomes are now more suited for both single and multiplayer difficulties. Missiles were changed quite extensively, and now are more damaging even when unboosted. They also seem to move faster, making them a bit more deadly (although it might be only an illusion). Because boosters are now reduced in power and capped, spellfights need thinking instead of spamming. Summons - aside from the previously mentioned changes - also last much longer (even when unboosted). The spell-level booster doesn't work on them anymore, so there is a reason (finally!) for using summoning boosters. Duration boosters now yield radically slower duration increase in time-unquantified spells (such as necropower, or lightning storm). Spell appearance in loot and at vendors is level-locked (so there are very, very slim chances of getting high-level spells too early), in addition necromantic spells appearance has been severely reduced in loot, and the appearance in loot now seems to rule over which ones are available at vendors (it seems that until you find some spells on your own, you are limited to very few basic spells from this school at necromantic vendors - this is also level-restricted). As before, you cannot become a grand master in the school before level 20, and cannot become Councilor before level 30. Magic is now properly challenging, and requires thinking and strategies (if you keep in mind new hotbar, new boosters, new staves and new summons).

Cloning removed - possibility of cloning/duping items in multiplayer has been fixed.

Summoning exploits for levelling and looting were also removed from both multi- and singleplayer (which is also mentioned in summons update above).

Self-made potions no longer stack in chest/shared inventory/trade interface in multiplayer, previously they occupied (those highest potions, using the "Fox Heart Potion" bottle) the same slot regardless of their properties and quantity. This makes trading/storage much more organized in multiplayer.

I was thinking of replaying the game, but all those changes make me want to wait... any info on how long will I have to wait?

Also, who is writing these reports? First I thought it was one of the Devs, but it now appears to be just some beta tester...

I haven't seen an official release date shift for the US PC version.

Dark Savant is pulling these from the official site - he links it earlier in the thread.

Dark Savant is pulling these from the official site - he links it earlier in the thread.

Oh, I knew that... still, my (casual) browsing through the site didn't answer my question, so I figured I'd ask anyway. ;)

Uh, instead of "Cloning removed" I falsely read "clothing removed" ...
Sometimes my own brain surprised me. ;)

Back
Top Bottom