After Reset - Pre-Release Test

Well it's good to know that Mr. Nixon appears to be making a game here. I wasn't aware of the partner issue, so that seems like a legit thing that could have hurt development.

Wouldn't mind hearing some thoughts from someone who plays it.

Hmm, I own the game, it seems. If I install it now, will I get access to the entire prologue? o_O

Edit - Seems I do. And there seems to be a game here. This looks interesting.

Oh do keep us updated !

@ikbenrichard, I wasn't planning to dive into it just yet. Hoping someone else here, maybe tomasp3n, can do that. If he doesn't want to I guess I could spend a couple minutes with it.

@ikbenrichard, I wasn't planning to dive into it just yet. Hoping someone else here, maybe tomasp3n, can do that. If he doesn't want to I guess I could spend a couple minutes with it.

I've yet to receive a key.

I can't play the game, because apparently Windows 10 decided it was time to change how the most basic function of changing resolutions works, as every resolution I try just gives me a more pixelated, scaled 4K. So, I don't really know how to fix that and the game does not scale to 4K (text is too small) and doesn't have resolution options yet (the video options menu is greyed out.)

I've never received a key for this one and yes, I backed it.
But I don't really want a betatest key as I don't have time for testing.

Someone get tomasp3n a key. You can try emailing/messaging Mr. Nixon here on RPGWatch.

This game first appeared on Kickstarter in November 2013, and their campaign at the time said they had been working on the game "for more than a year". So, let's assume they started development in summer 2012.

Five years later, a prologue is almost ready for release!

At this rate, could have a full game by the year 2040 or so...

Nah, they're working too much on it to be scam. My bet is on mismanagement by novices in game development (including heavy underestimation of necessary workload) paired with some unfortunate staff-related incidences which may (or may not) have resulted from mistakes in human resource management.

Last edited:
let's assume they started development in summer 2012.

Five years later, a prologue is almost ready for release!
Grimoire2? :D

Mr. Nixon is a pseudo for Cleveland Mark Blakemore! :D

Hmm, I own the game, it seems. If I install it now, will I get access to the entire prologue? o_O Edit - Seems I do. And there seems to be a game here. This looks interesting.
Hey Fluent. Surely you will.

Thanks for rooting and testing.

I've just I've just uploaded new build with the fixes for all issues backers reported by now.

I can't play the game, because apparently Windows 10 decided it was time to change how the most basic function of changing resolutions works, as every resolution I try just gives me a more pixelated, scaled 4K. So, I don't really know how to fix that and the game does not scale to 4K (text is too small) and doesn't have resolution options yet (the video options menu is greyed out.)
Fluent, please, try this hack: hold SHIFT when you're clicking on the AR icon to launch. It should open hidden dialog with non standard resolutions.

I'm curious what folks use for email and why they have so many issues with spam filters? I pipe my email through a filter and while I do send some obvious spam to /dev/null I keep a complete log of sender/ip/subject so I can find email history if folks claim they sent me email i didn't receive.
-

Thanks. I'm writing it right now - from the same address I have on KS ofc.

Fluent, please, try this hack: hold SHIFT when you're clicking on the AR icon to launch. It should open hidden dialog with non standard resolutions.

Good info, thanks!

MrNixon, perhaps you can pass a key to tomasp3n here, as he seems interested in checking it out and sharing his thoughts on it.

Back
Top Bottom