Upcoming games that you're hyped for.

However, Sean most definitely didn't have to "pretend" that real multiplayer was going to be in the game for launch - and he did that.

But, still, maybe the several death threats weren't quite justified for that reason.

That said, ignorant gamers can be quite the entitled maniacs.
Well as crazy as I can sometimes get about games on this site, I have never called for someones death, or went on social media to ruin a developers life.

Just don't understand that type of gamer.:(

Well as crazy as I can sometimes get about games on this, I have never called for someones death, or went on social media to ruin a developers life.

I honestly don't think these people (truly) think about what they're doing, in general.

They deliberately avoid thinking it through - or "feeling" it.

We see many absolutely absurd and excessive statements on FB/Twitter all day, every day. Many from otherwise "normal" people.

When people can't perceive the reality of consequence - and they're not going to be held accountable anyway - their true nature is revealed.

Well, we see what people are really like when they don't feel empathy - or when they deliberately and overtly avoid reflecting upon their choices.

It's sad that we need empathy to not be psychopaths - but there it is.

I think there always has been MP but a totally meaningless form of it, the other player would show up as some kind of sphere or whatever it was.
I remember shaking my head to people pre-ordering the game, thinking what a scam it was. It turns out it's not a scam, just a game that should have been released now, not two years ago.. Edit: the game really needs its own thread perhaps..

I think there always has been MP but a totally meaningless form of it, the other player would show up as some kind of sphere or whatever it was.
I remember shaking my heads to people pre-ordering the game, i remember thinking what a scam it was. It turns out it's not a scam, just a game that should have been released now, not two years ago..

The sphere thing came much later, in the last update (Atlas Rises).

AFAIK, the only "multiplayer" aspect in NMS before then was that players all shared the same world (but were invisible to each other) - and could potentially see some buildings or whatever that others had placed, but even that had its limits.

I never considered it a scam - just a case of too much attention that was never, in any way, warranted - and young inexperienced developers happy to be in the spotlight, and probably hopeful they could become a success.

It obviously worked - with some unfortunate consequences that I think most reasonable people would consider themselves compensated for with NEXT.

There is no need to understand anything, just accept that kind of person exists. It's not necessarily a gamer, usually such people are skilless trolls spoiled with a deep pocket and playing only pay2win garbage, highly frustrated when they can't buy a victory.
For more details on such mindsets, install League of Legends and enjoy the toxic community. What people can type in chat window there is better than any comedy. :D

There is no need to understand anything, just accept that kind of person exists. It's not necessarily a gamer, usually such people are skilless trolls spoiled with a deep pocket and playing only pay2win garbage, highly frustrated when they can't buy a victory.
For more details on such mindsets, install League of Legends and enjoy the toxic community. What people can type in chat window there is better than any comedy. :D
Don't get me started on Toxic players in pay2win games. I actually hate MMOs but will try them out if a few friends want to hang out, but damn the chat/players in those games.

No wonder developers have implanted chat filters & hired professionals to clean it up.

Anyway back on topic I was also looking at some JRPG's on the Switch & PS4 that might interest me also, but I know most members on this site prefer PC gaming.

Link - https://heavy.com/games/2018/04/new-rpg-games/

It's not an RPG, but when I was young I loved the game Theme Hospital. I played it for countless hours even though I always got to the same level I couldn't beat.

I have come across a game by a few ex-Bullfrog developers called Two Point Hospital. It is supposed to be very similar, but a more modern take on the game. I am certainly getting this. It's coming out in August :)

The original game was full of crazy diseases, for example:

Invisibility
Cause:
Being bitten by a radioactive (and invisible) ant
Symptom:
Patients suffer no discomfort. Indeed, many use the condition to play practical jokes on their families
Cure:
A colourful liquid drunk in the Pharmacy soon restores the patient to full observability

or

Bloaty Head
Cause:
Sniffing cheese and drinking unpurified rainwater
Symptom:
Very uncomfortable for the sufferer
Cure:
The swollen head is popped, then reinflated to the correct PSI using a clever machine

5KLbKYT.png

Apparently they're keeping the humour and making it modern, so I am certainly hyped !

It's not an RPG, but when I was young I loved the game Theme Hospital. I played it for countless hours even though I always got to the same level I couldn't beat.

I have come across a game by a few ex-Bullfrog developers called Two Point Hospital. It is supposed to be very similar, but a more modern take on the game. I am certainly getting this. It's coming out in August :)

The original game was full of crazy diseases, for example:

or

Apparently they're keeping the humour and making it modern, so I am certainly hyped !

Yeah, I'm hearing very good things about this game, too.

Never was much of a fan of Theme Hospital (or Theme Park) - but I recognised both as excellent games, from a once-great developer.

Hope it's good :)

I can’t seem to get hyped for releases anymore since I know there will be a year of waiting for dlc and/or patches after release.

Due to this trend in gaming my backlog has gotten out of hand waiting for games to be “finished” and I actually have a thing called a wishlist on steam ( which would have been unheard of for me In the past) since I can’t see any reason to buy at release.

There are quite a few upcoming releases that I'm interested in, but none of them really provoke me enough to consider playing on day of launch. The sole exception to that would be Knights of the Chalice the sequel, but I suspect there's still a considerable wait on that one.

My passion for gaming tends to wax and wane - but it never goes away.

Also, I find my ability to engage with them is proportionate to the amount of free time I have available.

Unfortunately, I conditioned myself a certain way when I was a kid. That is to say I more or less dedicated my entire life to playing games - and, as a child, you tend to have all the time in the world.

So, that's still a lingering desire or need I have when I really want to immerse myself.

Of course, I've had to make some serious concessions in that way - especially when I've been in a relationship or similar - but I'm still left with the fact that I can't "truly" enjoy a game unless I have a very significant amount of time for it.

I can get glimpses of it here and there, but it's usually only during my longer vacations that I get back to that old enthusiastic love of gaming - and only during those vacations where a particularly interesting game just happens to be available.

Oh well, such is the way of things.

Will you already stop feeling lonely all the time? Man up and deal with the cause drastically. Throw the "pacifier" technology away and start socializing with strangers.

So.... NEXT is coming out today in a few hours. Should be ready by the time I get home :)

I'm crossing my fingers, hoping against hope that they've added proper 21:9 support.

Steam is offering NMS at 50% for a few days. I guess this is a good time, if you're curious.

Phantom Doctrine is coming in two weeks. I haven't followed development and I know very little about it - beyond what I see in screenshots and the feature list.

But, I have a good feeling - and it could be just the thing.

I'll throw out an obscure one: Flying Circus, which is pretty much just a new graphics engine for Rise of Flight, a WWI air-combat simulator. It's a ways off, but I might actually dust off my VR headset for that.

Back
Top Bottom