The 20 best games of 2014, as chosen by the Ars brain trust

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor
Here's another "best of 2014" list, this time by the Ars Technica staff. There's no sign of D:OS or W2.

20. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
19. Super Time Force
18. Monument Valley
17. South Park: the Stick of Truth
16. Nidhogg
15. Danganronpa
14. Titanfall
13. Desert Golfing
12. Mario Kart 8
11. Elite: Dangerous
10. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
9. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
8. Infamous: Second Son
7. Bayonetta 2
6. Wolfenstein: The New Order
5. Forza Horizon 2
4. Sunset Overdrive
3. Threes!
2. Far Cry 4
1. Dragon Age: Inquisition

Titanfall on the list? LOL

What's that? "I wish this was true" list?

When I watched the gameplay, it looked like a bunch of soldiers on pogo sticks with all the constant jumping around.

Well that the point of powered armor--letting you perform physical feats that a normal human could not.

The world would be a better place if soldiers all went to battle on pogo sticks... ;)

W2? Witcher 2? That was back in... oh! Wasteland 2! Jeez, some of these abbreviations can be real puzzles.

Definitely minus points for no Divinity: Original Sin but plus a few back for waiting long enough to include Elite: Dangerous on the list. Most websites were already starting their award series when that game came out.

What's wrong with Titanfall? It seemed to receive pretty good reviews.
Yeah bought reviews is more like it as every major website rated it highly. The sites who scored it lower received floods of hateful replies on the comment sections.

It's just like Destiny I guess having a Half billion budget allows you to do anything.:)

It just looked idiotic to me. Especially as a way to avoid getting shot.

It makes for good gameplay though. I tried the game during the free trial they had of it on Origin, and for a mutliplayer-focused shooter, it was actually quite good. Not my style of game, but it seemed like one of the better entries into the world of multiplayer-focused shooters in recent time.

It's a pick of the best tech demos. ;)

That hardly seems to be fair. With games like Threes! and Nidhogg on the list, it mainly seem to be a list of "The games the people who wrote the list enjoyed the most"

Back
Top Bottom