King's Bounty II - Releasing August 24th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A release announcement trailer for King's Bounty II sets the date of August 24th.

The King is back! Forge new alliances, fight with different factions, stop Blight at any cost on August 24, 2021! King's Bounty II comes to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

King's Bounty II expands upon tactical turn-based battles to offer players a truly immersive RPG experience that adds weight to their every decision, whether leading an army into battle against unliving horrors or building relations with local townsfolk. Experience a rich world that blends realism and fantasy, filled with compelling stories, memorable characters, and moral choices aplenty! King's Bounty II is coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch.
More information.

Good we have a date finally and I for one will be playing it depite the changes.

Not sure if I'll get this at release, but I'll be interested in hearing feedback about it. I played the hell out of the first KB when I was a kid.

For those who aren't aware, this is a sequel to the original 1990 King's Bounty not King's Bounty: The Legend.

I like what I see. Will check it out for sure. May it be ready when it is ready, though. I have lost trusting any release dates. They'll get delayed anyway.

My only concern is that the stacks of human units might be indistinguishable from each-other. That was the problem with Age of Wonders III which ruined the tactical combat for me. No wonder the devs all played out the combat with auto-resolve. It does look alright in the video, so we'll see.

Not sure if I'll get this at release, but I'll be interested in hearing feedback about it. I played the hell out of the first KB when I was a kid.

For those who aren't aware, this is a sequel to the original 1990 King's Bounty not King's Bounty: The Legend.

Nice! Putting it on my wishlist. I always regretted never having played the original game that I heard so much positive about. I did play all of the HOMM series up to HOMM V and "KB: The Legend" so this will be a nice return to that style of gameplay.

My only concern is that the stacks of human units might be indistinguishable from each-other.
They address that right in the video, which says they'll each have slightly different details.

Back
Top Bottom