Last Epoch: VERY Promising new ARPG in Early Access

johnnysd

Sentinel
In the wake of the abysmal Diablo announcement yesterday that has glavanized the ARPG space against Blizzard, I came across this game from a mention in a rant against Blizzard.

Last Epoch https://lastepochgame.com/

It had a successful Kickstarter campaign and is in an Alpha state. You can support and get access to the Alpha now.

I am very very impressed with it.

They are trying to create a deeper experience than most ARPGs with skill trees for individual abilities, a multi-tier passive system and the possibility of extremely diverse builds and character choices that matter and actually change your character significantly

It is derivative, being essentially a version of Diablo 3s skill system, but with a really strong level of depth behind it.

One thing that they are doing very well is really creating a uniqueness to each character class. They all feel really unique and have very distinct gameplay.

There are 5 base classes covering the core archetypes of Mage, Knight, Rogue, Primalist and Acolyte and then depending on your skill tree choice 15 Mastery classes, 3 for each base archetype.

There is a pre-alpha demo available from their discord channel https://goo.gl/YMwXSp
and I played it into the wee hours of the morning. It was really fun.

I signed up as a supporter and just starting the Alpha now.

So, if you like ARPGs and looking for a new fix, check it out. I believe BETA is scheduled for April 2019 and release April 2020.

I have no affiliation with the design team, who I believe have some former members of the POE team but I will let them know on discord that this thread is here. I think they are waiting to really ramp up the hype train, but the more support they have the better the game will be.

Last edited:
This game's still online only, right? (just like Path of Exile)

This game's still online only, right? (just like Path of Exile)
Yes it's right in the games description. :nod:
Last Epoch combines time travel, exciting dungeon crawling, engrossing character customization and endless replayability to create an Online Action RPG for veterans and newcomers alike. Travel through the world of Eterra’s past and face dark empires, wrathful gods and untouched wilds – to find a way to save time itself from The Void.
Seems most Hack & Slash games are going this route.

Thanks for pointing this one out, it's new to me. Can anyone join the alpha?

Edit: just investigated - $50 minimum supporter tier to join alpha. $35 minimum to join beta (when it gets there).
$10 minimum to get a copy of the game on release.
Well, I won't be shelling out for alpha/beta, but I'll be keeping an eye on things.

looks pretty good to me, I'll keep an eye on it. Not overly interested in online but as long as you can go solo I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom