Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Map Leaked

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
IGN reports that the map for Cyberpunk 2077 has been leaked.

The Night City map offers a closer look at the many regions in the game that have previously been mentioned, including Pacifica, Watson, Westbrook and Santa Domingo, as well as the City Center. A few places of note include the space port in the far west of the map off the coast, as well as the Northern Oilfields up top and some kind of stadium just south of the city centre.

[...]
Thanks Capt. Huggy Face!

More information.

cyberpunk-map.jpeg

Looks different from the Night City pnp version, though the city center and Pacifica is in the same approximate area.
Heywood used to be where Santo Domingo now is, and where Heywood is used to South Night City. Watson used to be North Oak, and Westbrook used to be above where Watson/North Oak is.

Not a big deal, just wondering what is the point of the changes?

The point is IIRC unlike the game, pnp takes place several centuries in the past. ;)

Not a big deal, just wondering what is the point of the changes?
My guess is resources required to make the full city were to high, or some type of other limitation. So some shortcuts were needed. Happens with a lot of open world games.

Some of the cut/changed content might be future DLC also.

I'm surprised to hear there's a space port. I wasn't expecting anything like that in the game.

Can''t wait to start exploring. I just hope it's a little more organic than TW3 was.

I'm surprised to hear there's a space port. I wasn't expecting anything like that in the game.

Can''t wait to start exploring. I just hope it's a little more organic than TW3 was.

You can see space shuttles landing in the trailers and iirc there was talk that you will visit a space station during the story.

The map doesn't look very big to me. I hope it's more detailed than we're used to.

While I haven't followed development very closely, I seem to recall them talking about interiors being more frequent, which could greatly increase the map's effective size, too.

The map doesn't look very big to me. I hope it's more detailed than we're used to.

Well, they could plop a giant ocean or forest or desert down in the middle of the city if that would satisfy your sense of scale. Because that's what every single sandbox with a huge map has. This is a CITY. Of course it's more detailed than we're used to. I don't spend a lot of time admiring the 17,000 trees in the Witcher 3.

While I haven't followed development very closely, I seem to recall them talking about interiors being more frequent, which could greatly increase the map's effective size, too.

That's true. They also claim to be using verticality to a very significant degree.

“The city is really the core of Cyberpunk 2077. We approached it very holistically; we started with very big ideas of the city and then went into detail and detail and detail and detail. We have an urban planner in the team, for instance, which really helps us with the map and the layout to make the city feel very realistic.

“We now have this option of vertical exploration that we didn’t really have in The Witcher, which was more of a spread-out map. We really take advantage of that, and we have a lot of ways of going up and down.”

I just hope it's a little more organic than TW3 was.
Digital and organic?
That'd be lootboxes. You need to pay for those with (an)organic materials. :p

Back
Top Bottom