Casting Judgement

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I'm plan on making a series of posts about the great and not so great casting I have seen of my favorite characters. I'll be rating the actor with:
A Perfect!
B Acceptable
C Don't like, but I can see what they were going for
Z Atrocity! What were they thinking??
There will be an image from original source if possible, and my Dreamcast (sponsered by Sega) who I think would have been perfect for the role.
We begin with:
rco001_w_1465272542.jpg

9d1d10d4ecaeca5a2e285749feed60ee--the-wolverine-latest-movies.jpg

Hugh Jackman. Rating B

Borgnine.jpg

Dreamcast Ernest Borgnine

The witcher
geralt-in-the-books.jpg

The-Witcher-streaming-How-to-watch-The-Witcher-online-1219237.webp

Henry Cavill. Rank B

Dreamcast Clint Eastwood
clint-eastwood_240-1.jpg

I agree with you on Clint Eastwood, but thirty years ago. Haven't yet watched the show so I can't comment on Henry Cavill.

The witcher
geralt-in-the-books.jpg

what a catch… he'd be romancing corpses, not beautiful women.

Cavill makes more sense for the type of character that the Witcher actually is. The writer is using an ugly character only as a projection, not because it makes sense.

Wolverine, if i remember correctly the comic book version of wolverine is a quite short dude. Other than that Hugh is pretty spot on..​

I don't know Nicolas Cage is a good fit also.

gFVCJAc.jpg

Nic's accent is too strong, and then there is his inherent skittishness that doesn't fit with the Witcher's coolness.

Many wanted Mads Mikelsen for Geralt, he does look like geralt from the games and has a cool voice too. At least his brother got cast in the show haha.

Dreamcast Clint Eastwood
clint-eastwood_240-1.jpg
[/CENTER]

Clint Eastwood?!? Surely you’re joking … he has an incredibly narrow range in which he ‘works’ … and that range expired in the 80s.

Last edited:
Maybe but he is also a pretty decent director. Also while I think he is extremely conservative i'm not sure he is a white supremacist. Perhaps I missed somethings that point in that direction ?

Clint Eastwood?!? Surely you’re joking … he has an incredibly narrow range in which he ‘works’ … and that range expired in the 80s. Now he is just a hateful old white supremacist … good riddance at any point.

Sorry - this got the thread onto a political bent that isn’t appropriate for the subject.

Last edited:
His films in recent years have all been jingoistic right wing propaganda. Including the recent one about the Atlanta bombing where he takes a right wing anti-media conspiracy theory and slanders a now deceased journalist. Yay, Clint.

edit: removed the rest of my post. I decided I don't really want to get into a discussion about it. Just left the part about his movies.

You refer to one of his movies as evidence of his wrong doing. A movie which is BASED on an a piece of work he did not create and he was not the screenwriter as well. Then, what about INVICTUS?!?!? A movie about black empowerment through sports in South Africa. What about "Gran Torino" and "The mule".

Last edited:
I haven't seen the movie in question and can't comment on it being left, right or middle wing; but i will state that a director - esp one such as client eastwood - choose which movies he will or will not direct. I don't think it is that relevant whether he actually wrote the screenplay.
-
Having said that I do think at times people are a bit quick to scream …. While there are real issues that need to be address primarily in people up-bringing with regards to proper behavior that doesn't mean every single word a person utters need to be scrutinized.
-
I'll give a soft example (not exactly relevant but still). While I believe that K. harassed F; I'm would not have disqualified K over the event itself given that there is not a continual track record since graduating college. However, I would have disqualified K over his blatant and inappropriate political speech during confirmation. If he can stay angry over a week+ to issue such a speech - and one filled with far flung political conspiracies - I would have concern with him being impartial as a judge.

[This is off topic so this will be my last post in this thread on this topic.]

edit: removed the rest of my post. I decided I don't really want to get into a discussion about it. Just left the part about his movies.

You refer to one of his movies as evidence of his wrong doing. A movie which is BASED on an a piece of work he did not create and he was not the screenwriter as well. Then, what about INVICTUS?!?!? A movie about black empowerment through sports in South Africa. What about "Gran Torino" and "The mule".

Back
Top Bottom