Red Dead Redemption 2 - New Trailer

Yeah and its console exclusive once again based on the trailer ending logos. As it shows PS4 & Xbox One only. Sigh Rockstar you never change, and hate the PC.:mad:

Last edited:
A console exclusive.

As it shows PS4 & Xbox One only. Sigh Rockstar you never change, and hate the PC.:mad:

No. This game and the previous are directly connected to western movies, which usually make an intensive use of panorama views. The games are designed with TV large screens in mind, the perspective would render poorly on PC monitors.

You can play the original in PC with Playstation Now.
I played it many years ago and loved it, but then when I got to Mexico (in-game) I lost interest for some reason, it is a long game.

Looks good to me. I just hope it's not microtransaction-infested, as the publisher said something about having ongoing purchases in all future games. If it's just dlc, or a selection of extra hats, I'll tolerate it, but if it's anything that affects gameplay, it will have to be taken to the hanging tree.

With the amount of money rockstar is hauling in from GTAV online I'd bet they do the same with this game.

As in release it on PC 6 months to a year later, then add the online thing and milk it to death. Fine with me as long as they don't add microtransactions to the single player game.

If I'm right I probably will get to play it sometime in 2020 when it's on sale. :)

A console exclusive.

No. This game and the previous are directly connected to western movies, which usually make an intensive use of panorama views. The games are designed with TV large screens in mind, the perspective would render poorly on PC monitors.
What are you talking about Chien. This game is designed with 30 frames per second in mind. It has nothing to do with screen size or resolution. What matters to Rockstar is only refresh rate, eyesight damage and headaches - they've signed a contract with farmaceutical and optics companies so mushrooms audience needs to spend money on glasses and drugs too.
You can play the original in PC with Playstation Now.
On standard PC you can't. You can only if you waste hardearned $ on mushrooms instead on another SSD. But even that won't help if your internet connection suffers from hiccups.

On standard PC you can't. You can only if you waste hardearned $ on mushrooms instead on another SSD. But even that won't help if your internet connection suffers from hiccups.

You'll spend more money later when you have to pay for the ulcers you're growing over your complaints about controllers. Embrace the mushroom! #mushrooms4evah.

As for the connection issue, I've had PS Now since January, playing hours every day and only once did I lose the connection while playing. In fact, considering PC games tend to crash a lot more, I'd say it's even better. But hey I love playing in consoles and PC, devices don't dictate what games I play, only if they're good or not (unless they're Switch exclusives, hate the Switch!).

What are you talking about Chien. This game is designed with 30 frames per second in mind.
Western movies were shot in similar image rate. They made use of it with cinematic/artistic motion blur. The first RDR made references to it through gameplay mechanics.
It has nothing to do with screen size or resolution.
It has everything. Western movies made vistas famous. And they also use (painting) composition techniques that rely on a large screen.
Western movies were designed to be seen on a silver screen, not a TV set.
Accordingly, it translates into RDR designed to be watched on a large TV set, not a PC monitor.

Western movies were shot in similar image rate. They made use of it with cinematic/artistic motion blur. The first RDR made references to it through gameplay mechanics.
Movies? Erm… I'm talking about videogames not movies. I mean look, comics are "shot" with one image per unlimited time, does it mean a videogame needs to be a slideshow? That's artistic? LOL yea, maybe on C64 and ZX Spectrum it was.

Apropos frames per second, there is a nice port from garbage onto PC titled Tales of Cold Steel. Buy it, fire it up, disable silly motion blur (is it even enabled? can't remember) play a bit under default 60 frames per second on PC. Ain't it a nice game? Sure is.
Then go to options and decapitate your GPU by forcing 30 frames per second. Oh and feel free to enable motion blur if that meets your taste, doesn't matter much. You saying now it's art?

Me? I cannot believe people in this decade can still accept 30 FPS. Just trying it caused me an acute conjunctivitis.

Last edited:
I played first on Xbox but always wanted a PC version. How can you use PlayStation now to play it on PC? Hope 2 has a PC version.

I played first on Xbox but always wanted a PC version. How can you use PlayStation now to play it on PC? Hope 2 has a PC version.

Playstation Now can stream it through your PC. It's still the same PS3 version though. Same resolution, etc.

Playstation Now can stream it through your PC. It's still the same PS3 version though. Same resolution, etc.

Ah well I have it on Xbox 360 so no reason. Don't have a Xbox one though so probably not going to play #2.

While I liked the game I hated how it had artificial barriers to content. It was open world where you could wander anywhere but nothing would happen until you followed the linear path story. Example: I found an old church and it was empty , nothing there. Came back to if in the next story chapter and the ghost of an old woman was there with a quest. So exploring outside the story felt kind of pointless other than site seeing.

It's all streamed, you just use the PS Now client. It requires a controller. The best deal is the $99/year option but it's seasonal and I think it's not offered at this time. It gives you access to over 600 games including Red Dead Redemption, all the God of Wars, the Infamous, the Lego games, Last of Us, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, etc. There is a 7-day free trial though so if you think you can beat Red Dead Redemption in that time you may be able to play it for free :)

Ditto. I have hand problems. Mouse and keyboard only. Can't use a controller/joystick.

Back
Top Bottom