Valkyria Chronicles 4 - First Reviews

Sounding good!

Just a reminder you might want to wait to play.

Sega Confirms Valkyria Chronicles 4 DLC Schedule
Sega has revealed its DLC plans for strategy RPG Valkyria Chronicles 4 ahead of the game’s release later this month. The content — details in the table below — features a couple of free pieces in addition to its paid for content, with two pieces included in the game’s Memoirs from Battle Edition.

Oh yeah, thanks for the warning, I'll surely wait until all the content has landed before buying this.
Well it's Sega so I wasn't surprised by the DLC Schedule.

Just more of the same.

I'd say wait also for the complete game.:nod:

Yea, I did ask what's with DLC chaos where playstation had some DLC before this release of which some is included here, some is not…
Whatever. I won't wait. It's too early to buy though, no reason not to wait for some potential juicy offers at GMG or voidu, the game will get released in cca 10 days on Steam.

Also, those reviews are all for Nintendo Gameboy. Can't care less about that crap and reviews for it.
Note that metacritic falsely placed Gamespot's review on Playstation and PC page. Pay2win, right? ;)

Ick, so it sounds like the extra content was stuff cut out of the main game and nothing really relevant shows up later? That is extra disappointing, although if I have a lull then, I might just dive in. The first game was just that good, and I'm hoping for more of the same with this one.

I don' tthink that was the case here. The game was released on console a while ago and followed with dlc over a period of time. For the PC the should have just bundled everything together but being what companies are today they took a milk em approach. I'll wait a year or so for the complete version.

Ick, so it sounds like the extra content was stuff cut out of the main game and nothing really relevant shows up later? That is extra disappointing, although if I have a lull then, I might just dive in. The first game was just that good, and I'm hoping for more of the same with this one.

At the rate those things are coming out, it may not take a year!

I doubt I'll get to the game that quick anyway so no worries for me. I got but didn't do much with the 1st game's DLC. (That DLC was hard!!)

Lemme be Chien's opposition.
It's not streamed. It's preloaded.

Additionally, a review that tried the game also on PC finally appeared and, surprise, it's on IGN:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/18/valkyria-chronicles-4-review
That stylized art also means Valkyria Chronicles 4 looks fantastic on any system you choose. I played through the full game on Switch and only noticed some occasional blocky shadows and a few framerate slowdowns in particle-heavy sections. It runs smoother and at higher resolutions (though still 30 FPS) on PS4 and Xbox One, and has an uncapped frame rate and resolution on PC, though very limited graphical options. The mouse and keyboard controls work well too, with new tank controls that fix the touchyness present in the PC port of the original.

Another PC version review appeared, it's not IMO good. Lacks of details - more words can be written about Candy Crush Saga than you'll see here about a singleplayer RPG. They gave it 86%.
https://www.pcgamer.com/valkyria-chronicles-4-review/
Combines robust storytelling with consistently inventive, surprising missions. Not just a return to form, but a new series peak.

A PC review from DSOgaming. Yes, it's PC review.
https://www.dsogaming.com/special/reviews/valkyria-chronicles-4-review/
CONS:
Mediocre English voices
Controller can be tricky
Slower pace not for everyone
Visually simplistic
No multiplayer
WTF.
It would go into bs of the week thread but the conclusion saved it:
Valkyria Chronicles 4 is unusual, deep, educational, ethical, addictive, and an unexpected game. If you already love the series, you’ll love it even more after this. If you’re a new player, like me, I must strongly recommend this game to you, especially if you might not usually bother with this kind of game. Valkyria Chronicles 4 has changed my mind, and it can change your mind too!

Back
Top Bottom