Final Fantasy - Tactics Remaster Playtested Soon?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wccftech suggests that a Final Fantasy Tactics remaster maybe playtested soon.

A Final Fantasy Tactics remaster may be playtested soon, judging from a survey that has been shared online in the past few days.

Reddit user DrNanard reported on the Final Fantasy Tactics subreddit that he recently received a playtest invitation from Eidos Montreal, which playtests Square Enix titles. The accompanying survey mentions several tactical role-playing games like the original game, Ogre Battle, Fire Emblem, and Disgaea. Additionally, the survey also mentions Final Fantasy 12 and its Nintendo DS sequels, which are both set in Ivalice just like Final Fantasy Tactics.

[...]
More information.

We were talking about this yesterday on another thread and I hope it's true. Still it might just be another cheap cash grab port of the earlier PSP remake. We'll see I guess.

Hints of a PC release for Final Fantasy XVI on PC were hinted in a new leak as well.

FFT remaster would be okay, but anyone who cares has had the chance to play it already with decent settings. Vandal Hearts remaster, that's what I'm looking for!

FFT remaster would be okay, but anyone who cares has had the chance to play it already with decent settings. Vandal Hearts remaster, that's what I'm looking for!
I'd pay for a Vandal Heart's remake but I'd prefer they did the sequel instead. It was the first game were you could slowly turn into a villain and become a tyrant king.

Though that ending was bittersweet almost similar to Final Fantasy - Tactics.

I still have an original PS1 copy of FFT laying around somewhere. I was always a little surprised by how popular it was tbh.

Additionally, the survey also mentions Final Fantasy 12 and its Nintendo DS sequels, which are both set in Ivalice just like Final Fantasy Tactics.

Interesting that he mentions Ivalice. The other game in that setting was Vagrant Story, and that's the one I'd really like to see remastered.

At this point I'd even settle for a cheap remake, it's simply astounding that this great game still hasn't shown up for the computer crowd. Someone make it so and collect the dues you'll have coming!

It would be nice to see this on PC... but honestly, anyone who has ever wanted to play this, likely has already. PS1, PSP, mobile... lots of options.

I'd like to see a true sequel... but like all sequels, it would probably disappoint and never live up to 20+ years of expectations.

Yeah that's true, yet the computer is the best place for this fine game to show up next. Fortunately, even if it never does, we've gotten a lot of games in the same realm, so at least there's that. Which, imo, only goes to show that there is a real audience for these kinds of games, maybe not huge yet it does exist.

If this is true, I hope it's closer to the FF VII Remake effort rather than some of the other half assed ports Square has done.

Vandal Hearts 1 or 2 would also be great to see. Remakes for Ogre Battle 64, Dragon Force, Legends of Legaia, and Suikoden (hopefully
Eiyuden Chronicle is close) would also be insta buys for me.

If this is true, I hope it's closer to the FF VII Remake effort rather than some of the other half assed ports Square has done.

Vandal Hearts 1 or 2 would also be great to see. Remakes for Ogre Battle 64, Dragon Force, Legends of Legaia, and Suikoden (hopefully
Eiyuden Chronicle is close) would also be insta buys for me.
Yeah I hope Square-Enix put some effort into the remaster's as their history is either hit or miss. I would definitely love to see older RPGs you mentioned get PC ports as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, Vandal Hearts remake way more interesting than the still good FFT PSX version, which has such a wonderful music and graphics!

Vandal Hearts is in a class of its own. Interesting battles and unique world. Excellent art! Then the superb idea they had (we'll probably borrow it as well) that when an enemy is hit the game displays a panic sprite/anim frame, unique to each combatant in the game. Lots of atmosphere. Highly recommended game!

I have zero interest in a remake as it doesn't need it...now a sequel would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom