Vampire Hunters - Screens @ Worthplaying

Dhruin

SasqWatch
OK, but what the heck is an "Active Time Battle System"? Is it turn-based, or not? I haven't played the Final Fantasy series, so that comparison does me no good at all.

If it's like the final fantasy games, it basically means you have a gauge/meter that fills up over time. When it is full, you can input a command. When it is refilling you cannot act (i.e., attack, cast, use, etc.). However, you may or may not be able to move during the refilling process. While gauge is refilling, enemies/npcs, keep moving and acting, but in effect they are also subject to the same gauge/meter system.

But more importantly, does anybody know if this game is any good?

If it's like the final fantasy games, it basically means you have a gauge/meter that fills up over time. When it is full, you can input a command. When it is refilling you cannot act (i.e., attack, cast, use, etc.). However, you may or may not be able to move during the refilling process. While gauge is refilling, enemies/npcs, keep moving and acting, but in effect they are also subject to the same gauge/meter system.

But more importantly, does anybody know if this game is any good?

I played it from start to finish and I must honestly say: It depends. The designers tried to avoid the most ramapant criticism against the predecessor NEVEREND, the crazy amount of grinding that was necessary to solve the game. So they removed the rediculous amount of random battles and the need to grind. So you can play the game quite nicely (the combat system is the same) up until the boss battles. Those are near (and up to) impossible to do without cheating. Bad luck.

Technically the game is more advanced than NEVEREND, but feels sloppy programmed and looks less beautiful than NEVEREND. The story is fine up till the final which is simply stupid and illogical.

So you find me indecisive. Play it if you like vampires or NEVEREND, but don't expect too much.

This reminds me of still not being able to get Neverend here ... at least not in the reworked version ...

This reminds me of still not being able to get Neverend here … at least not in the reworked version …

*Confused* What do you mean Alrik? AFAIK there is no reworked version of Neverend. You possibly confuse it with GODS: LANDS OF INFINITY, which got a special edition that was not released in Germany.

Neverend only got a online add-on (which was a glorified patch) called "Reinforcements" which changed the game a lot for the better.

Yes ? I thought that there was a second edition of Neverend which included this patch.

Other than that I might as well indeed mix it up with Gods …

Besides, can someone please provide me with a link to the developers of Neverend ? Thank you. Edit : I think I found it.

I've been playing this game and it is decent so far and has some good dialog. The battles can be really difficult (at least in the beginning) and it has a decent amount of adventure elements.

guenthar, but if I buy that one, when will I get my claws on Dragon Age? Next year? Or when Bioware releases a patch 3.0? Now, when I think on the patch, that's not a bad reason to wait some more… :evil grin:
So as soon as I finish Planet Alcatraz, I'm getting V. Hunters and then we'll spam the forum with spoilers, agreed? ;)

There are people out there claiming that even small bugs are ruining a game COMPLETELY.

I have seen hell broken loose in the German-language Divinity 2 forums ...

Back
Top Bottom