Elex 2 Elex 2 Discussion

I've found one thing which quite annoys me. If you're in a fight and get close to an NPC with a dialogue trigger, then he will start his dialogue while the critter is eviscerating you, or you can be attacked while in the middle of a conversation which you can't leave and suffer the same fate!! That needs to be fixed.

Yes, most irritating. Or two npcs with the second npc dialogue interupting the first, suddenly I'm in a fight I can't do (yet) and die, unsure where in the story I've rezzed.
The quest/story threading feels chaotic at times, I don't feel I have enough information to make some decisions, so I'm taking the "maybe later" option a lot. Some of the dialogue seems to assume I've done something or know something.

I am enjoying the game but have some reservations. It took me a long time to really get into first Elex, so I am hoping this is going to be the same.

Yes, most irritating. Or two npcs with the second npc dialogue interupting the first, suddenly I'm in a fight I can't do (yet) and die, unsure where in the story I've rezzed.

How can you be unsure of where you're at in the story after a death? Are you going that long in between saves?

How can you be unsure of where you're at in the story after a death? Are you going that long in between saves?

Lost in a quest/area not lost in main story. I feel like the game sometimes diverts me, I'll be doing a companion quest then get sidetracked to some other quest.

Game is set to autosave every 3 mins but I am mean with proper saves.

Jumping animations/impact?

I noticed when I started my 1st play-through yesterday, that the jumping feels ...flat? I was jumping onto a building (mantling up) and there was barely any sound (like "grunting/ooof" etc) I've never noticed this in any any PB game - it just seems to lack 'impact'?Hard to articulate. The animations don't seem to really match what you're doing that well.

The world also looked desaturated - I fiddled with gamma, and looks a bit better now.

How's the performance after the new patch? World of Elex is reporting that it had a significant impact for them. It apparently fixed the pop-in that was happening in the larger settlements.

I'll be starting my playthrough tonight or tomorrow. :plotting:

I get a weird shadow strobing effect everywhere with the new patch. Elex 2 no like AMD.
Everything seems fine until I go into a menu or look at the map and when I come back I get shadows billowing out everywhere.

How's the performance after the new patch?
Nothing changed for me (1080TI @1440p). Runs smooth as before with high settings.

I'll be starting my playthrough tonight or tomorrow. :plotting:

Looks like I have to backtrack on that statement. I'm still seeing too many bugs being talked about. I'm sure I'd still enjoy it as is, but I'm probably going to wait for 1 more patch now.

There really aren't many bugs and the performance is OK. Plus there is a new mod to fix the FOV issues. The only problem I have is from just spending 100+ hours on CoM, ELEX 2 is a bit of a let down from that.

I understand that it might not be a fair comparison but I can't help making it.

Looks like I have to backtrack on that statement. I'm still seeing too many bugs being talked about. I'm sure I'd still enjoy it as is, but I'm probably going to wait for 1 more patch now.

Over 40 hours in now and no ctd’s. The only thing I’ve noticed is a small bit of graphic failure inside Morton but nothing affecting gameplay.

There's a major bug introduced by the new patch that breaks the Alb questline. It'll probably get hotfixed in short order, but I'll at least wait for that.

On the ELEX II Steam discussion forum is a fix to de-install patch #1.

New patch out... adds a more fixed camera distance and claims to fix some scripting bugs, including Skribor, talked about above :)

New patch out... adds a more fixed camera distance and claims to fix some scripting bugs, including Skribor, talked about above :)

I tried it briefly. I'm not impressed with the new camera. The additional FOV is nice, but Jax is still positioned slightly to the left which I don't like, and there's still no zoom function.

It's good that they got those scripting issues fixed so quickly though. It's enough that I'm going to start a real playthrough this weekend.

There's now an alternate game camera setting which puts Jax a few feet forward and I think more central. Might be worth giving that a try?

There's now an alternate game camera setting which puts Jax a few feet forward and I think more central. Might be worth giving that a try?

That's the new setting I was talking about. :)

I probably should have been more clear. It wasn't my first time playing the game, I was checking it out again after the patch.

There really aren't many bugs and the performance is OK. Plus there is a new mod to fix the FOV issues. The only problem I have is from just spending 100+ hours on CoM, ELEX 2 is a bit of a let down from that.

I understand that it might not be a fair comparison but I can't help making it.

CoM stands for ???

Back
Top Bottom