Anthem - Sales Expectations

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GamePressure reports on sales expectations for Anthem.

During a recent call to investors, Blake Jorgensen, Chief Financial Officer of Electronic Arts, announced that the company plans to sell 5-6 million copies of Anthem, BioWare's latest title, by the end of March. When we do the math, it turns out that the company expexts to sell an average of 1 million copies per week. The publisher is also convinced that they will earn even more money thanks to the microtransaction system featured in the game.

[...]
More information.

I wonder if they'll make it.

It's a new IP and both EA and Bioware are at their least popular.

While I would like to see it do well, I think that prediction might be too bold.

As much as I and other's may say otherwise they'll do just fine. So that 5-6 million sounds about right, and it will have a few years of DLC and micro-transactions.

The only question that matters is will they retain the same amount of players?

They won't be doing any kind of DLC - as they don't want to separate the playerbase.

They won't be doing any kind of DLC - as they don't want to separate the playerbase.
You know I meant free content sized DLC updates.

If anyone followed this game they would also.

I just didn't add free. So that's on me.:)

My prediction- I don't think it will bomb, but I would be surprised if it makes these numbers.
Depends as they are trying to poach Titan Fall and Destiny players.

It definitely won't bomb in the traditional sense. It's a genuinely great game with enough to appeal to the masses in a few ways.

My bold prediction: 3.5 million copies sold in the first month.

As much as I and other's may say otherwise they'll do just fine. So that 5-6 million sounds about right, and it will have a few years of DLC and micro-transactions.

The only question that matters is will they retain the same amount of players?

While I have lost interest in Bioware games, looking at the reaction to DA4 announcement etc, I think Anthem will sell fine due to the fanatical Bioware followers.

I think Anthem will sell fine due to the fanatical Bioware followers.
Ugh don't remind me I remember the blogs, tumblr's and BioWare forum full of them. Still remember the debates over relationships, armors, and other non-important things.:poo:

Those threads used to get locked multiple times a day.

While I have lost interest in Bioware games, looking at the reaction to DA4 announcement etc, I think Anthem will sell fine due to the fanatical Bioware followers.

I thought you said you would like a Jade Empire sequel? :)

Dragon Age is a known quantity, though - and it's probably a traditional singleplayer Bioware game.

I thought you said you would like a Jade Empire sequel? :)

Dragon Age is a known quantity, though - and it's probably a traditional singleplayer Bioware game.

To quote my post:

I didn't enjoy JE as much as most Watchers it seems - I thought it was mediocre, fun enough to finish it once though. That being said, I wouldn't mind a sequel but not sure on current Bioware working on it.

:p

To quote my post:

I didn't enjoy JE as much as most Watchers it seems - I thought it was mediocre, fun enough to finish it once though. That being said, I wouldn't mind a sequel but not sure on current Bioware working on it.

:p

Well, you can say what you want - but it doesn't sound like you've ENTIRELY lost interest in Bioware games ;)

Well, you can say what you want - but it doesn't sound like you've ENTIRELY lost interest in Bioware games ;)

You are right - I still have this tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinyyyyyy little hope they will produce something fun and decent again :)

You are right - I still have this tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinyyyyyy little hope they will produce something fun and decent again :)

I knew it ;)

They say a cynic is a romantic with a broken heart.

Probably describes half the Bioware haters right there :)

I tried the Closed Beta, and I was impressed by how beautiful the world of Anthem is. The flight controls were a bit off for PC, but I hear they fixed that since by removing mouse negative acceleration and X vs Y axis sensitivity. I'll get it for sure and I hope the game is as fun as it promises to be.

As for sales, we'll see... it's a Bioware game, and it will be well marketised, so I expect sales will be high, quite likely meeting their expectations.

I tried the Closed Beta, and I was impressed by how beautiful the world of Anthem is. The flight controls were a bit off for PC, but I hear they fixed that since by removing mouse negative acceleration and X vs Y axis sensitivity. I'll get it for sure and I hope the game is as fun as it promises to be.

As for sales, we'll see… it's a Bioware game, and it will be well marketised, so I expect sales will be high, quite likely meeting their expectations.

Probably. I played the demo and I thought the game was pretty awful. Super bland and repetitive. I wasn't really blown away by the graphics either and the control scheme for PC was super lame, though you claim they have fixed it. Word of mouth seems poor so we'll see how well it expands past its core audience.

YAY, microtransactions!!

Back
Top Bottom