Far Cry 5 gets a mixed review

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
Erm… Should be in nonRPG section IMO, but anyway.

I'm not interested in FC5. Never played FC1 nor FC2. FC3 is a masterpiece. FC4 is bore-em-to-death. FC5 offers "timesaving" microtransactions and you know what that means.

So forgive me for not watching the video. Till Ubisoft gets rid of microtransactions in it, I won't buy FC5.
Okay okay, I'll buy it if they add hairworks, I admit. But since they're incapable of code optimization on PC, they can't do that.

Erm… Should be in nonRPG section IMO, but anyway.

I'm not interested in FC5. Never played FC1 nor FC2. FC3 is a masterpiece. FC4 is bore-em-to-death. FC5 offers "timesaving" microtransactions and you know what that means.

So forgive me for not watching the video. Till Ubisoft gets rid of microtransactions in it, I won't buy FC5.
Okay okay, I'll buy it if they add hairworks, I admit. But since they're incapable of code optimization on PC, they can't do that.

heh, yea, I wasn't sure which section was the appropriate one.
So I just picked this one. :)

I agree about Far Cry 3, amazing game. I was not interested in Far Cry 4 (just didn't like the setting)

And Far Cry 5, I was mildly interested. But you mentioned micro-transactions…yup, that is one of the issues mentioned in the youtube review. And I agree, huge turn off!

Also in the review was something else that I know you would hate -- way too much respawning in the game! Like, to a ridiculous degree. The spawning system is royally screwed up in the game, according to the reviewer. And I also agree as you have said oftentimes before, that is another major bummer.

Oh my you mean journalist's & gamers are finally tired of the same Ubisoft formula.:biggrin:

Yeah, I'm gettin this, FC is like a video game fast food. Kind of like a better version of Bethesda game ( explore to kill), simpler but way more fun to play ( with somewhat entertaining storyline/chars).
And how often do we get to play in rural 'Merica ? :p

The original Far Cry was amazing for its time, but that was a different developer. I've never liked any of the Ubisoft developed games. I thought FC2 was mostly terrible, and I don't understand all the love for FC3 even though it was an improvement over FC2.

I don't understand all the love for FC3

And it ain't CGI.

But we do have people here who don't care about anything in games except combat. :D

I really enjoyed the original Far Cry but I haven't spent much time with the newer ones. I played IV for a bit and thought it was ok.

Far Cry V is currently at 80% review scores on metacritic, which is pretty positive. Only six reviews so far though.

I quite enjoyed the first one, couldn't even get into the second, and never touched the third or any after. If they all now require using the Ubisoft platform, then that will mean I will never purchase or play them, and somehow I don't think I'm missing a darn thing.

FC3 was the last Ubisoft game I played (other than Stick of Truth, which was just barely Ubi). It was all right until the ending, which was just flat out ridiculous. I also got some DLC thing with the game that uPlay never did end up letting me use.

I'm sure I'll play an Ubisoft game some day but they are going to have to do something impressive to get me back.

I'm sure I'll play an Ubisoft game some day but they are going to have to do something impressive to get me back.

Getting rid of the Uplay abomination would be a good start...

Not surprising. They took a great deal of risks with this product as it carries on killing quite unusual targets. Enough to receive poor reviews.

They took a great deal of risks with this product
Not true. There was absolutely no risk, they played safe and tried to copypaste the same thing that made FC3 - the most interesting villain. Another safe thing, bundle the game with microtransactions there will always be sheep to spend money on it.

No risk = no profit.

If ripoffs did not sell, SV, which is a HM rip off, would not have sold.

FC3 is located on a island somewhere, killing pirates and locals. No risks.

"This topic has been marked as Premium Only by the topic creator and can only be viewed by Premium Members."
Yeah you have to be a site member sorry about that.:(

Here is what I'm talking about.
The EasyAntiCheat service is only used for loading/unloading their system driver (and making sure the driver is not tampered). If you kill it it has no effect on game protection but instead, makes their protection driver remain running after you closed the game, until you reboot your computer.The bypass I used on Dragonball and Sword Arts which were later copied by Fling trainer and FL community and spread else where around the internet also no longer works as this game itself requires EAC to be running, all the time. Even worse, the check for EAC seems to be hidden behind all the Denuvo protection, if EAC is not running properly the game closes itself and execute the launcher repeatly until EAC is running. And the launcher itself also loading EAC modules into memory.

Assuming my investigation is correct then SB may be right and would have to wait for game crackers with much more knowledge about defeating protections to remove EAC from this singleplayer game. We do what we can but removing Denuvo just to find a way to remove EAC is beyond my knowledge but most important beyond legality.
So heavy Anti-cheat DRM added to stop cheating to promote micro-transactions.

Not surprising. They took a great deal of risks with this product as it carries on killing quite unusual targets. Enough to receive poor reviews.

Lol, wut? Nearly everyone criticizes it for not taking enough/going far with the storyline.
And "unusual" characters are literally exactly the same like in previous games…A newcomer arrives in war torn zone. Player helps the terrorized natives against the charismatic tyrant, first by slowly taking back territory and enemy outposts, mid game: Captured!, player escapes and continues the same until triggering the last mission
And all Antagonists have exactly the same Ideology: War is strength! Conflict will weed out the weak(false) from the strong/true!
This has even bled out into Division, Dying Light, hell it's even the same running theme in AC games ( Assassins: Freedom, Peace, Individualism vs. Templars: the opposite).

All natives are the same and it is safe to kill any native that be. Sure.

Reviews are no longer mixed: now at 78% "mostly positive" on Steam

Back
Top Bottom