C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
That's the shitty thing about being on the stock market. The significant investors are a small number of opportunistic fuckers that only care about short term profits, as they'll don't give a shit what they buy and sell stocks in. And the market has taught them to expect endless increases in profit quarter after quarter. A company is only deemed fantastic to invest in if increases its share more than last time. And on and on. Until the end of time. With no regard if it's even possible. And it's all based on public perception of that company. It's almost like a ponzi scheme. :p They keep convincing people to invest, and at one point people in the know, will know when to short that inflated value and sell sell sell. Which crashes its value. With no regard to what that does to the company. This is the age we're living in, where finance is more lucrative than actual production. :(
Agree but come on CDPR management is to blame as well. They basically oversold and lied in the investor meetings. That shit has real world consequences in business.

The easiest way out of this crap is not to go public or get investors. Though in today's business world it's very hard to stay independent, or not have investors.

Last edited:
It's great to be an investor. If all goes well stock goes up, if not you sue and get your money back. No risk involved. Now bonds, those are risky business.

Anyone knows the voice actress of T-Bug? Voice sounds familiar… could be someone from Mass Effect.

Anyone knows the voice actress of T-Bug? Voice sounds familiar… could be someone from Mass Effect.
I was wondering about that, too. My searching has failed so far. Plenty on who do most of the other voices (e.g. via IMDB), but haven't found T-Bug yet. Will search some more.

No clue either as most sites list just the major voice actors of the game.

Well it's four lawsuits filed in different countries now by investors.:(

Well it's four lawsuits filed in different countries now by investors.:(

Yeah, look.... I think deceitful is a bit of a stretch. If they said "would you like some more time to polish the game up a bit more?" CDPR would have said "yes". It was the investors who rushed it.

While I'm not one of them, there are plenty of players enjoying the game and with 13million sales I'm sure they've got their money back.

Investors are fucking stupid, anyway. They're probably mostly going off youtuber hype and bad reviews are the best clickbait.

I remember once some Capcom investor complained their graphics weren't sophisticated enough LOL.

I appreciate it, thanks, but... no. :D

CP2077-first-free-DLC.jpg

No furhter hints on what we'll get? (Content, no. of DLCs etc)
Nope just another image and an updated website with the same information. If you go by Witcher III it'll probably be weapons, armor, cybermods, and extra quests.

They posted this update on the official homepage.

Can't be some bugs - developers specified a decade ago that the reason to go Hardcore Henry was they don't need to care during dialogues where exactly is the protagonist's body (and if it's even looks as human).
It will be numerous bugs that are not bugs at all but deliberate design.

Cyberpunk 2077 Steam Player Count Has Plummeted Since Launch

Link - https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-steam-player-count-has-plummeted-since-launch/
According to Githyp, the game initially featured a whopping 1 million concurrent users. Now, it's struggling to maintain around 225,000. While The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt saw a similar drop after releasing, that happened within three months. Cyberpunk 2077's fall has occurred at a much faster rate, less than a month since the game hit retail.

Well, I guess people are waiting until bugs are fixed.

However after my ~30 hours I can say that it really runs smooth for me.
Only thing I notice from time to time are floating objects.
The other thing was a side quest goal not disappearing after its completion (perhaps because I did things in an unexpected order). The quest completed normally when I finished everything, so it apparently was only a problem in the UI, not in the internal quest state.

If I hadn't heard of the game's bad technical state before I would have said that it's in an well polished state (especially considering its complexity).
I also don't run a high end machine (i7-4790k, 1080TI, 16 GB Ram).

what a bullshit article
game had 10x more players at launch than witcher 3, why didnt they write about that
225k is still an impressive number considering its a sp game

Dan Vávra of Warhorse Studios loved the game at least. :cool:
This year seemed to me as a really great misery. The vast majority of stuff was a corporate completely useless commercial waste, remakes, reboots and remasters, or independent nonsense. I guess I am too old so most of these games are not for me.

Nevertheless, I finished a few games to the end. During the first lockdown, I finished Shakedown Hawaii on Switch, which I bought for children and then didn't want to lend it to them, which is an absolutely great pixelart variation on GTA I. But it's better in every way, and it's a divine parody of the eighties and nineties. It makes me a little nervous that my four-year-old daughter subsequently started playing the game and can spend an alarming amount of time running around the city with an armored vehicle. Another game on Switch and again pixelart is Carrion. Fantastic Polish horror movie vibe, where you control a monster fleeing from a secret laboratory, while the game has a fantastic 2D physics and is based around it. My daughter wanted to play it, but this one I forbade her.

I also finished Wasteland 3, which looks pretty poor, doesn't bring anything new to the RPG genre, but it was still great, because the ancient mechanics from the first Fallout still work and I enjoyed it a lot.

The highlight not only of this year is Cyberpunk 2077 for me. I did not expect anything from it. The beginning disappointed me tremendously, but then it became the best game in the last few years. Period. I played it on a PC and after hotfix 1.2 I didn't have even ONE game breaking bug or any major problem, apart from the annoying need to set up Czech subs after each run. The disappointment was the clickbait sensationalism of all youtubers and journalists who chased the views by showing the non-patched first version of the game, without most of them playing it at all.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla was a disappointment for me of the year. A perfect example of corporate waste without any inventivness and, full of boring repetitive nonsense. The biggest disappointment was that something like this has a better rating from critics and players than Cyberpunk in the end, and it sells well. Even more disappointing was the finding that the leadership of these corporations was apparently riddled with sexist pigs, embarrassing the entire gaming industry, fueling all these hysterical campaigns against players. I find it very sad that it turns out that such on the outside, woke company, is, in reality, itself crawled through what it is fighting against. But it is common for the one who shouts the most…

How 'Cyberpunk 2077' Proves We Need to Stop Pre-ordering Video Games

Link - https://collider.com/cyberpunk-2077-pre-order-worth-it/
Cyberpunk 2077 racked up 8 million pre-orders. At $60 a copy, that’s almost a half-billion dollars of revenue generated by a company that was deliberately concealing the fact that their game simply did not operate on two of three scheduled platforms. I could spend another 1,500 words wondering why the hell the game is so broken – for all its hype, it’s essentially just Grand Theft Auto in the future and it doesn’t do anything that AAA games haven’t been doing for the past decade – but the actual content of the game is immaterial. It could’ve been freaking Pong and the point would be the same – CD Projekt Red collected a half-billion dollars up front for a game that literally didn’t work, and we need to stop bankrolling that behavior. Until we do, debacles like the release of Cyberpunk 2077 will continue to happen, and we’ll be the ones stuck holding the bag.
CD Projekt Says Development Details are 'Simply Not True'

Link - https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-cd-projekt-rumor-development-details-simply-not-true
A CD Projekt Red representative has deviated from company policy to say that widely-circulated rumours about development decisions on Cyberpunk 2077 from a purported developer are "simply not true".

Posted on GameFAQs, a forum post claiming to include comments from a disgruntled developer made multiple claims about cut content, code rewrites, pressure from company executives, and the game's ongoing fixes, even adding the unexpected detail that the company's original Johnny Silverhand was inspired by David Hayter' Solid Snake and Cillian Murphy.

Back
Top Bottom