Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - February Update

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wccftech reports on what the February update for Assassin's Creed: Odyssey will contain.

Ubisoft shared all the details on the planned Assassin's Creed Odyssey February update. These include the awaited New Game Plus mode, a level cap increase, a new episode of the 'Lost Tales of Greece' story and several new items. Check out the full lowdown below.

[...]
More information.

Think I'll waif for all DLC content and expansions to be released before I do a replay.

You're not alone. I did the first DLC when it was out (the theatre) and it's not bad at all, but cmon, videogames are not supposed to be an hour episodes with 7 days of wait in between - that's outdated TV scheme from stone age when streams were sci fi.

I'm waiting around for the full deal to show up.

Add me to the waiting for all content to be released list. I was quite enjoying my play through but ultimately decided to shelve it and wait.

How's the underwater exploration in this game? Is it as good as it looks, or is it something that's more limited compared to other areas?

How's the underwater exploration in this game? Is it as good as it looks, or is it something that's more limited compared to other areas?

Well, if you're familiar with other AC games, you should have an idea of how they do exploration in these games. It's not like, say, Skyrim - where you might find something entirely unique (like an artifact or a powerful item) when exploring.

You'll find something valuable and worthwhile, sure, but it's going to be familiar after a while and part of the usual "checklist" on any given map - and so exploration is mostly about checking out the location in itself.

It's better than the other AC games, because the rewards are more meaningful and less trivial. Also, I think there's more distinct content and variety in the actual locations - and here it's on par or slightly better than Origins.

I'd say it's a little better than Witcher 3 for underwater exploration - as you will actually have a use for what you find and the underwater locations are more interesting - but not by that much.

It's inferior to Sims 3 Isla Paradiso but far superior to abominable AC4 underwater slog which was, due to being awful, removed from AC Rogue.
It's the same as was in AC Origins, but trashmobs here are sharks instead of hyppos and crocs. Means, k+m controls are properly mapped and feel natural.
You're not playing Jacques-Yves Cousteau though so don't expect much spectacle.

I'm replaying AC2. Great game. I picked up the Ezio trilogy for my Xbone X. I don't know if I'll maintain interest through Brotherhood and the next one as I guess it's pretty similar gameplay but we'll see.

Black Flag had a lot of great going for it. But not a lot of high buildings to climb. I don't know why I like that so much. Ultimately it became too long and tedious of a game.

Haven't played an AC game released since. I've heard a lot of good about Odyssey but just not sure about it. I don't care about content release as I doubt I'll be able to play all of it, so I'll wait for the inevitable sale (and get this one for PC probably)

Is there SJW nonsense throughout the game? I mean modders tried to create a nude skin for the female protagonist and found out she basically has a male body. wtf. Def playing as the dude in this one.

What about this game is grabbing you? Heard the game was on par with The Witcher 3, but I eventually lost interest in that game for some reason. I'm picky in ways I don't even understand.

Back
Top Bottom