Kingmaker - Released

What about "household" or "luxury" items? Can you decorate your castle? :biggrin:

Or is that just to be sold?

Once you are done with chapter 1, you will meet an elf who buys old relics for heaps of money - that will help you get custom companions. Make sure you hold on to items which appears to be junk but has blue(?) circles around (like enhanced items).

Reminds me of Drakensang 2. Really ancient coins sell for a very high price there.

Yeah I've had a hard rule the last five years or so about not playing a game during the first week or month of release, and I'm sure I'll be returning to that philosophy real soon. The current state most games are released in leave much to be desired, and it's good to keep that in mind at all times.

Me, I'm still waiting.

but has that Mother Russia level of polish to it.
Überlol.

I'm curious about the Kingdom part. Was never interested in base building, I don't know why people like it, I hate when devs use their time for base building development… and in MP games I just attack them and don't build myself :D. Well, e.g. in ArmA Dayz mod era.

The startup behaviour is horrible. E.g., here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZbv8aNAD08 - same slow start on my side, almost 2 minutes. It feels wrong, there is something wrong, I hope they manage to tame Unity. It's not doing much, but occupies one core, and it is not a disk load issue.

Last edited:
I'm curious about the Kingdom part. Was never interested in base building, I don't know why people like it, I hate when devs use their time for base building development… and in MP games I just attack them and don't build myself :D. Well, e.g. in ArmA Dayz mod era.

The Kingdom stuff is excellent, IMO. It makes you feel like a true baron of your land. Building a settlement is just a smaller part of it, the real treat is taking on tasks appointed by advisors, or meeting with folks to discuss their issues, signing possible treaties or deals, conquering or seizing new lands and then adventuring to solve new problems that arise. It's great fun IMO, and keeps things interesting and fresh.

And it's more about keeping your barony safe and the people happy than simple base building. Building takes just a few minutes to do but then you're off to adventure and tackle new issues that arise.

Last edited:
Anyone having and luck getting the graphics settings to save and not reset all the time? Not sure if it's even saving when I exit the menu...

Anyone having and luck getting the graphics settings to save and not reset all the time? Not sure if it's even saving when I exit the menu…
Has been reported a few times. IDK if it helps to set keys in Registry, they save their settings in hkcu\software\owlcat... but in a strange way.

Good tip. I had sold some of these assuming they were vendor trash.
There is an easy way to not sell them by mistake. Shop UI has a button that says Offer. When you click it, game transfers all safe to sell items from your inventory to trader Sell tab. I usually choose which armor, weapons and magic stuff to sell and then click offer so the rest of the trash is also transferred.

There is an easy way to not sell them by mistake. Shop UI has a button that says Offer. When you click it, game transfers all safe to sell items from your inventory to trader Sell tab. I usually choose which armor, weapons and magic stuff to sell and then click offer so the rest of the trash is also transferred.

Wow. If that works it's the closest I've heard anyone coming to an actual awesome button. Wish I had that in PoE2 as well.

Some other game I played in the past couple of years had a simliar button but they call lt something else; sadly i don't remember the name of the game :(

Wow. If that works it's the closest I've heard anyone coming to an actual awesome button. Wish I had that in PoE2 as well.

Some other game I played in the past couple of years had a simliar button but they call lt something else; sadly i don't remember the name of the game :(

WL2 had the "junk" attribute to items which partly did the same thing. It's a worthwhile feature to have the option to mark anything you don't want as trash as well.

Well several games have the ability to mark things as trash but that doesn't help when it is unknown if it is trash :) Of course one could argue that lack of knowing is part of the game.

WL2 had the "junk" attribute to items which partly did the same thing. It's a worthwhile feature to have the option to mark anything you don't want as trash as well.

Uhm… wow. So that's what that thingy does.

o_O

I probably skipped the tutorial that informed me about this? :biggrin:

PS:
At this point, I doubt the "offer" button is really safe. It includes skins, diamonds and other stuff that "are of interest to a collector" or "to a craftsman". So... I kinda suspect those need to be kept.

Last edited:
Good tip. I had sold some of these assuming they were vendor trash.

You sir, have just been demoted a rank in the exclusive RPG Inventory Hoarders Club.

Ouch PC Gamer reviewed the game and gave it a 69/100.

Link - https://www.pcgamer.com/pathfinder-kingmaker-review/
There’s a lot to like in Kingmaker, and it’s clear the dev has a passion for this classic era of PC role-playing—which, in the case of its often absurd level of difficulty, isn’t always a good thing. But it hasn’t grabbed me as firmly as those games, or recent examples of the genre’s resurgence such as Divinity: Original Sin or Pillars of Eternity. The story, visual design, and setting offer little I haven’t seen in a dozen other fantasy games, and I wasn’t as beguiled by it as much as I’d hoped. Once upon a time a good CRPG was hard to find, but now we’re slightly spoiled for choice and Kingmaker doesn’t quite stack up with the best, even if it does get a lot right and throws a few neat new ideas into the mix.

I was going to start playing this in a few days, but I might actually wait for a patch or two.

When pcderper says something like this
Odyssey is quickly becoming one of the best RPGs I've played since The Witcher 3.
its clear not to take them serious :lol:

Back
Top Bottom