CDPR CDR (Witcher) Announcing new IP at E3

CD Projekt Red

Twotricks

Sentinel
http://www.vg247.com/2011/05/24/cd-projekt-showing-off-brand-new-project-at-e3-next-month/

Wow! What do you think guys ?

Sci-Fi version of Witcher ?

That would simply rock :D

You can totally translate Witcher to a SciFi setting.

Like a monster hunter , with cybernetic implants that are shunned by most humans. People that hate aliens and cyborgs.
Him belonging to "Hunter" order that travels space colonies and helps them rid of alien lifeforms.

Nice :)

I would prefer something in Steampunk or Modern day Gothic ala bloodlines (can you tell I miss Troika ?).

If they (or PB ofcourse, but I would prefer CDPR level writing for those genres more than PB's excellent worldbuilding and other strengths) can't pull a decent game on those genres probably noone can today…

Or even better: How about a lovecraftian horror ?! nothing decent there since Dark Corners of the Earth… That would be nothing sort of fantastic...

Probably going to be an mmo or something though… Oh well...

Personally I just want you know what?

Witcher 3 made on Red engine being only say...15 months away, but done with the same skill and love and talent that went into TW2.

Because I am depressed I finished the game already. Sigh.

I would prefer something in Steampunk or Modern day Gothic ala bloodlines (can you tell I miss Troika ?).

If they (or PB ofcourse, but I would prefer CDPR level writing for those genres more than PB's excellent worldbuilding and other strengths) can't pull a decent game on those genres probably noone can today…

Or even better: How about a lovecraftian horror ?! nothing decent there since Dark Corners of the Earth… That would be nothing sort of fantastic…

Probably going to be an mmo or something though… Oh well…

I doubt it will be MMO. That genre is dead end for most.

As for steampunk. Witcher itself is relatively steampunk. (mutants, genetics,etc)
But I concur it would be cool.

Well, lets hope you are right.

I would hate to see them squander their talents trying to go against the big guys in
the industry (I agree it would be suicidal).

Not to mention there is nothing less interesting to me than an mmo (never saw the
appeal).

My old wish:
Make a game based on Frank Herbert's Dune. That would be the RPG of the decade.

Most likely the expected console version of The Witcher 2.

Actually, they are doing both, at least according to CD-Action, a Polish gaming magazine which is pretty close to the sources at CD Projekt so I tend to believe them.

http://tinyurl.com/3tvvltu

Could it be, since they're an Atari Developer.. that they've been given the go ahead for a D&D game? That would be so fun for a European Developer.

Especially given the latest news - Perfect Word having bought cryptic and it then being very unlikely Neverwinter will see the light of day.

My old wish:
Make a game based on Frank Herbert's Dune. That would be the RPG of the decade.

Hell yes I have read every book and have played every game since the early 90's. A rpg would make my day.

The original Dune by Westwood was awesome (the adventure/strategy hybrid). Probably the closest we've seen to a Dune RPG. A real Dune RPG would be amazing.

Anyway, looking forward to E3 in general, and CDP is definitely on my radar at this point.

Was that thier big news at E3 witcher2 for xbox??? nothing else??? I could have told you 45mins into the Witcher2 on May 17th it was coming out for console..The way the boxing was and a few other you have to click 3 tips to get back to Kansas moves. But Serious is that all they Anncouned???

Was that thier big news at E3 witcher2 for xbox??? nothing else??? I could have told you 45mins into the Witcher2 on May 17th it was coming out for console..The way the boxing was and a few other you have to click 3 tips to get back to Kansas moves. But Serious is that all they Anncouned???

Yeah, you're not the only one who was a little disappointed by that hype. :)

Back
Top Bottom