Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - Released

It's currently rated "Very Positive" on Steam which is really surprising to me. Are people that desperate for anything with Baldur's Gate in the title? This game was mediocre imo even back in 2001.

Yeah surprised me too, especially considering the price tag too - its $43 AUD WTF. I'd gift myself with something better with that price tag.

You simply cannot go on what the masses think is good, or enjoyable. Gotta have someone you know vet things, people on average tend to not have the best of tastes.

There are a lot of people who would of played this back when it came out who are now in their 40/50's and have a lot of disposable income and they are happy to overpay for a sense of nostaligia. Most of them will probably buy it and then only play it for a few hours and some won't even play it at all. It's a powerful thing and there are a whole lot of micro/niche economies that some companies are successfully exploiting. Also, it is very concidental that BG3 isn't too far away from coming out ;)

There are a lot of people who would of played this back when it came out who are now in their 40/50's and have a lot of disposable income and they are happy to overpay for a sense of nostaligia. Most of them will probably buy it and then only play it for a few hours and some won't even play it at all. It's a powerful thing and there are a whole lot of micro/niche economies that some companies are successfully exploiting. Also, it is very concidental that BG3 isn't too far away from coming out ;)

I did this with the Diablo 2 remake. Overpaid for it and finished the first act. After that, I got bored and deleted it from my hard drive. I even really liked the look of the remake but that gameplay isn't for me anymore. What was I thinking :-/

It's currently rated "Very Positive" on Steam which is really surprising to me.
Yeah, I mean stuff like this makes me realize that I don't understand the gaming industrie and market at all despite somehow being a part of it since decades. I would have bet a crate of beer that this game (respectively its re-release) would tank.

You simply cannot go on what the masses think is good, or enjoyable. Gotta have someone you know vet things, people on average tend to not have the best of tastes.

The funny thing is how we have gone from 'can't trust reviewers, have to only trust user reviews' .... to 'user reviews are useless because they are not reflective of specific genre tastes'. Not that either is wrong, but it gets back to my stance on this forever - find people you trust and share opinions. Pretty much why this forum has always been so critical to many of us!

Loved Dark Alliance 2 - but would never pay much for a PC version.

You can easily emulate these games in much better quality than these low-effort overpriced ports - and I see no reason to pay for them more than once.

They weren't exactly cheap back in the day.

As predicted and don't say no one saw this coming as well.:biggrin:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Coming to PC - Steam

Unspeakable evil has returned to the legendary city of Baldur's Gate in this dungeon-crawling, action RPG fantasy classic. A call for adventurers echoes through the embattled land. Cunning warriors and bold magic users are desperately needed to reclaim Baldur's Gate from a dark sorcery that threatens all in its path.

Back
Top Bottom