Fallout 3 - The Pitt: Screens, Date, Preview

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bethsoft sent us a note saying they have released three new screens for The Pitt.
Meanwhile, Eurogamer says the release date has been set for March 24th:
Bethesda Softworks has announced that The Pitt, the second downloadable expansion for the PC and Xbox 360 versions of Fallout 3, will be released on 24th March.
...alongside their own preview:
If Operation: Anchorage was the equivalent of a war film - a wasteland rendition of The Guns of Navarone - The Pitt is a prison movie. You enter its bleak red-brick confines in as a slave, bereft of your weapons and equipment, and mingle with an imprisoned workforce which has revolution on its mind.
Wherever you go there are reminders of films like Fortress and an atmosphere borrowed from that most brilliant of prison-set games, The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. Sure, during the filming of The Shawshank Redemption Tim Robbins never had to crawl around a ruined factory grinding the limbs off scuttling Nosferatu-style mutants while searching for ten quest items - but that spirit of jailhouse revolution is certainly what Bethesda is after.
More information.

Anybody still playing FO:O?

It's one of the many that I keep jumping back to (Drakensang still isn't available over here), surprisingly with some mods it is a decent game(concerning combat, it in no way fixes the absurd plot). If you thought that it was too easy then get the mods Fallout balance overhaul with FOOK and MMM. In addition the HD texture download is a must if you have a card that can handle it.

It made the game difficult, not impossible but gave the monsters a fighting chance against you. Raiders especially are more deadly now. Plus ghouls are more horrifying because of their numbers(think resident evil). It's more dangerous to go into the sewers. I turned the corner in one of the sewers and saw dozens huddled next to a fire. They stood up and screamed. It is the only "holy shit" I've ever had next to seeing the Behemoth for the first time. Just wait till they all scream at once...eerie. Plus, you have to keep a close eye on your bullets. Even if you have tons of ammo, there are so many of the ghouls you might get overwhelmed anyways. I know this isn't true to Fallout Lore, but I no longer care. I'm playing it just for what it is, a sandbox game with great graphics and tons of stuff to find.

As for the Pitt. I really want to get it, but I think I'll pass. It's pissing me off with the trend to be forced online to play a single player game. I know it's an attempt to curb piracy, but it just bothers me that I have to pay for the crimes of others with this "live" system. With the previous DLC you were forced onto live or you couldn't load or save your games. There is a way around this but I'm not messing around with my savegame locations just because Beth wants to force me online. I'd rather just save myself the hassle and not get Pitt.

I'm not all that impressed with their DLC to date. I bit the bullet last time and bought it. After I was done I uninstalled it. Now I don't have that stupid log into live message anymore. Pitt is supposed to be more RPG than the previous one, but I'm not really playing this game for the story. Beth's quests are weak (most of them) and annoy me to no end.

Back
Top Bottom