Phoenix Point - December Update

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Retcon Raider looks at all the developments around Phoenix Point up until this point.

My oh my, it's 2019 and that means we're just 6 months away from Phoenix Point's official release date.

Truly, these are interesting times! Today, I thought we'd take a quick look back at the tail-end of 2018 to see what we missed over the holidays.

At least, I assumed it would be quick - but it turns out we actually missed quite a bit! Serves me right for skipping the November update video...
More information.

Excellent combat gameplay! Really nice building destruction mechanics.
Slow as hell on older cards especially on that combined underground-factory part of the map, where the engine tries to make the myriad parts of the building transparent.

Their Geoscape art is SHT. As I wrote them and detailed WTH they need to change so the Geoscape doesn't look like cooked SHT.

Interestingly their vehicle + soldier art looks goofy and lame on the big posters, but comes out very well in SMALL SIZE ingame, where we don't see all the lame design, but only the silhouettes and main colors.

I like how Julian's team is not FKNG UP the game progressively, like Chris Roberts' impotent idiot team does with Star Citizen.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure what I think about on this one, this is a game that I'll certainly not jump in on the day of release. I'm hoping it turns out to be awesome, but ready for the pendulum to swing the other direction. And like several others have mentioned, I'm pretty sure it will be fall or winter before the game is actually released.

I'm not really sure what I think about on this one,
I was sold after watching the first combat video with the Queen crab-lady. It was like someone took new XCOM, which already was very nicely done, and overhauled it to be even more smooth, informative and intuitive.

Back
Top Bottom