Fallout 4 - A Final Goodbye

You are using entertaining and entertainment as synonyms, I wasn'. By entertainment I was only including products, be it books, movies, games, whatever that were not meant to be artistic (or failed), but only meant to amuse, to distract. Of course everything can amuse or distract one who is interested in it, even a Bergman film.
Yea but Bergman is Bergman, Michael Bay is not Bergman. ;)
Spiderman will never be Incal.

Games are not comparable to literature and cinema

Literature and cinema and arts, video games are entertainment.

No.
Anything can be entertaining or entertainment. Even watching a sky.

But not everything can be arts.
Games can. In fact we do have pieces of art out there and enormous amount of junkware. Then again, we have that also in literature and in cinema. And in painting and in comics and in photography and in music and etc.

And when you realize that is coming from someone who said he used to be a writer is when it all starts making sense

Yea but Bergman is Bergman, Michael Bay is not Bergman. ;)
Spiderman will never be Incal.

Or why stop there?

Bergman is to Michael Bay what Planescape Torment (or Fallout) is to FO4

:D :D

And when you realize that is coming from someone who said he used to be a writer is when it all starts making sense

Please, you either strart paying attention, or else stop quoting what other people allegedly said. What I said somewhere is that I used to write as a professional, but as a professional journalist (and I said it all, didn't just say I wrote for a living, I added the journalist bit). I can add that I wasn't even a "real" journalist", writing about "important" stuff. I wrote about TV shows and movies, mostly.
Now what does that have anything to do with the rest? I really don't understand...

Or why stop there?

Bergman is to Michael Bay what Planescape Torment (or Fallout) is to FO4

:D :D

You can say that you love Fallout, that it has millions of choices, detailled mechanics with skills for everything, including breastfeeding, but, please, do not compare a game who has in its credits Brian Fargo and Richard Dean Anderson with the work of a respected director.

I do think that is the main problem in all this threads about Fallout 4 (and not only Fallout 4). Theres a number of RPGWatch member that can't quit using the expression "fanboy" applied to anyone who dares to claim they like Fallout 4, or even worse, that it might be a good game, or total chaos, a good RPG!
Accusing people of being dumb, imbecile and having low standards has already become a norm around here, and that's applied to a lot of tastes that go way beyond Bethesda Studios products.
It is expected that you say stuff like this after saying so much bullshit before. And you just cannot stop, you keep digging your own grave deeper and deeper.
I wonder what is next coming from you. MigRib's wisdom it will be called in 10 years.

It is expected that you say stuff like this after saying so much bullshit before. And you just cannot stop, you keep digging your own grave deeper and deeper.
I wonder what is next coming from you. MigRib's wisdom it will be called in 10 years.

Well it beats the complete bunk you and your cohorts keep spouting. I'm not sure if it's a culture thing or this is just that your parents didn't teach you manners.

I think the main problem is that some individuals pretend to know better what the real game (cinema, book, car, etc) should be.
Well, there's not much can be done about it I guess. Many people like to pretend that they are smarter then the rest of us. I'm afraid I have it in me too :)

Is your bullshit counter taking notes of all the BS I allegedly write?
And what about digging my grave deeper and deeper, are you just bullshiting yourself, or was there a death threat in disguise?
Will you send some goons to my house and shoot me if I keep posting here?

Death threat? What are you on?

EDIT: OK, I added that into your bullshit meter.

please, do not compare a game who has in its credits Brian Fargo and Richard Dean Anderson with the work of a respected director.

Brian Fargo in gaming is what Tarantino is in cinema

Michael bay is something like Just Cause in gaming…. explosions , lack of substance/logic and having a ride for 1 afternoon

Brian Fargo in gaming is what Tarantino is in cinema

Michael bay is something like Just Cause in gaming…. explosions , lack of substance/logic and having a ride for 1 afternoon

For the first time I agree with everything on a post signed by you. Except (probably) you do not consider Tarantino, as I do, the most overhyped, overrated, plagiariarist in the movie business ever. He made two good movies, though, I'll give him that. The only good thing I can credit Fargo with was being associated with the creation of the Fallout universe. But then he went Lucas on his own thing.

I think the main problem is that some individuals pretend to know better what the real game (cinema, book, car, etc) should be.
Well, there's not much can be done about it I guess. Many people like to pretend that they are smarter then the rest of us. I'm afraid I have it in me too :)

Speaking of that.. Anyone seen Dartagnan lately?
I used to spot many ignored posts over boards but it's been a while...

Speaking of that.. Anyone seen Dartagnan lately?
I used to spot many ignored posts over boards but it's been a while…

I haven't been too active except for the last couple of weeks, but I also noticed his absence. Particularly in threads like this one, I'm surprised not to see him here.

He's lurking…watching us. :p

crocodile+2.JPG

For the first time I agree with everything on a post signed by you. Except (probably) you do not consider Tarantino, as I do, the most overhyped, overrated, plagiariarist in the movie business ever. He made two good movies, though, I'll give him that. The only good thing I can credit Fargo with was being associated with the creation of the Fallout universe. But then he went Lucas on his own thing.

You are so right you do have no taste in most things.

You are so right you do have no taste in most things.

I've only mentioned a few games and a few directors, you must have an uncanny power of observation and infalible telepathic abilities to get to that conclusion. Congrats!

You don't spit on the Fargo and Tarantino, MigRib.
That thing it's going to get you slapped everywhere. ;)

Back
Top Bottom