Encased - How to Master Psionics?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Redglyph spotted Encased RPG Development Update #13:

How to Master Psionics?

Today we have a new development update, dedicated to psionics. Find out everything about the "mages" of the wastelands and how to become one of them!
More information.

I've not put much effort in psionics yet, but it seems an interesting alternative to the other combat techniques. It generates fatigue though, and I didn't like that very much, you can really fall unconscious if you don't pay attention.

I'm still hoping they can give us an update on the project soon, especially a release date! They said they would do that this week but I'm beginning to think the update they mentioned was actually this video...

Better than Underrail, hopefully. Especially the combat I'm hoping for, as the demo was already more promising.

Is it released yet? Asked the annoying kid in the backseat.:p

I don't know about a final date, but it's definitely still in (very) active development. :D

I figured in three to five years, this one should be ready for me to play. It's been quite some time since they gathered the funds via kick starter. At least they do keep us informed as to progress and such.

Better than Underrail, hopefully. Especially the combat I'm hoping for, as the demo was already more promising.

I didn't think it was better than Underrail, but it may have significantly improved since the last time I played the EA which was about a year ago. I think Fallout 1&2 are a better comparison though.

Combat is fun and well implemented IMO. There are several disciplines: psionics, light weapons, heavy weapons, high-tech weapons, melee and hand-to-hand. Each have a number of active or passive abilities (17 for psionics, for ex), each with their own effects: different types of damage, stun, freeze, …

The ammo is not plentiful but not as scarce as in Atom RPG (I wouldn't know about Underrail or Fallout 1 & 2, another of my shameful gaps ;)). You can craft it too.

We'll just have to see if the balance is fine. Though a bit of unbalance between specialties is not always a bad thing.

It's inspired by the Fallout 1 & 2, which arrived in Russia (and Eastern Europe) just at the right moment and triggered a mod frenzy (Sonora, …), until they started developing their own games like Atom RPG, Planet Alcatraz, Insomnia, Encased. It's inspired, but not copied, they insist they went their own way for the settings and style, I tend to agree this game has its own personality, and it's less depressing than Atom RPG.

I am rather keen on the psionic aspects, however in most games those tend to not be done very well. If this can deliver half the joy that Fallout one and two did it will more than cover what I kicked in, so that's my eventual hope for this project.

Back
Top Bottom