Paradox Interactive - Charlemagne DLC Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Paradox announces that Charlemagne, the next DLC for Crusader Kings II, is now available. I can't wait to see what it changed, but alas, my mods are now broken.

STOCKHOLM — October 14, 2014 — The Father of Europe leads the youngest expansion to Paradox Development Studio’s best-selling grand strategy game, Crusader Kings II. Charlemagne, the newest expansion to Crusader Kings II, is available now worldwide for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs. This major expansion adds new story events, another hundred years of gameplay and long requested game features to the widely popular grand strategy game of dynastic politics and family rivalry.

Charlemagne can be purchased from digital distributors everywhere for $14.99. New downloadable content (DLC) for Crusader Kings II is also available today, including the Dynasty Shields: Charlemagne collection, new portrait packs, and an e-book version of the medieval epic “Song of Roland.” Full details and purchase location can be found now at www.paradoxplaza.com/crusader-kings-ii-charlemagne.

As usual, the expansion will be accompanied by a host of free changes to the core Crusader Kings II experience, available in a major update that can be downloaded today. This free content includes a major overhaul to the nomadic tribes of Europe – now they are even more distinct from their neighbors hiding behind castle walls.

"Charlemagne" will introduce Crusader Kings II players to the man who became the “Father of Europe,” uniting much of the continent for the first time since the since the fall of Rome and founding the Holy Roman Empire. Including the ability to start a dynasty as far back as 769 AD, the expansion will include a series of story events surrounding the rise of Charlemagne. The expansion also features game options to allow players to chart their own places in history – such as a new in-game “Chronicle” that highlights a dynasty’s conquests, marriages, and labors for the faith.

Crusader Kings II is currently at 75% off on most digital outlets! To learn more about Crusader Kings II, visit www.crusaderkings.com
More information.

I thought about posting this piece of news myself. xD But at least I could edit it.

tumblr_m34opoXIvn1r2sv68.gif

I like the more dramatic flare you added at the end.:biggrin:

As every patch and DLC release ruins every mod for the game. Damn you Paradox.:shakefist:

It does. Then modders need to fix it every time. Arg.

Been playing it today, no problems so far and I like all the changes.

Played as Carloman, with moms like that who needs mothers in law.

Yeah, you usually want to wait a few patches before starting with the new DLC. From what I hear, there's quite a few issues atm, as usual.

I am personally waiting for the beta branch for the previous patch that they're supposedly releasing, before continuing my campaign.

Yeah, you usually want to wait a few patches before starting with the new DLC. From what I hear, there's quite a few issues atm, as usual.

I am personally waiting for the beta branch for the previous patch that they're supposedly releasing, before continuing my campaign.

There's also all the people complaining about any changes. This patch did two things I liked… removal of the 'I win' button, I mean, the 'Assassinate' button (but those who cheesed their way through the game using it obviously complain) and the nerf of retinues, which I actually think wasn't enough of the nerf it needed, and yet those who abused them are also revolting now.

Pthththh, I remember City of Heroes got so unbalanced early on that tanks could go into a mission scaled up for 8 people all alone, round up every enemy in the entire thing, and still not be killed. And STILL people complained when the balance was restored!

There's been a ton of DLC for this one. If somebody wanted to buy the game and all the DLC right now, it would cost something like $175!

There's been a ton of DLC for this one. If somebody wanted to buy the game and all the DLC right now, it would cost something like $175!
That's why you buy the complete package for dirt cheap on Steam. The full package was just offered for under $40 last week, and I'm sure it will be on sale again soon.;)

Back
Top Bottom